With an address in Saint Petersburg, Florida, Bayside Care Center is just one of 27 nursing homes this area. This turns out to be a middle of the road facility, with an overall grade of C. Based on our ratings, there are certainly far worse nursing homes out there. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's profile is its impressive inspection score, which is addressed in the next section.
Bayside Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this facility also excelled in the category of inspections, where it received an A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a strong score in our long-term care category. We awarded this facility a better than average grade of B in this area. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. One of the criteria we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 95.959595 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a great way to avoid unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the nursing home population. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Bayside Care Center?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of C. We assessed the licensure of nurses working for the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of time the nurses spent with residents, in computing our grade in this area. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a relatively low total compared with most facilities. Lastly, although this place got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in a few of our quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it did very well in this subcategory.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed was short-term care, which turned out to be this nursing home's weakest area. We gave it an abysmal F for this category, which is certainly very disappointing. In computing our short-term care grades, we look at a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This grade is generally a solid assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation. With a score of this caliber in this area, we weren't stunned to learn that this facility was below average in many staffing areas we looked at. In fact, it supplied substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other facilities. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bayside Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bayside Care Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bayside Care Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bayside Care Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who had a UTI. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bayside Care Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients that are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bayside Care Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term care residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bayside Care Center, 2.33% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bayside Care Center, 94.94% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bayside Care Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bayside Care Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Bayside Care Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bayside Care Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bayside Care Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bayside Care Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 26 other nursing homes
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.18 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 1.21 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 1.26 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.36 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.09 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.99 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 14.79 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- St Petersburg Dialysis0.57 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029
- H Street North - St Petersburg0.65 miles away635 4th St No Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (727) 821-4654
- St Petersburg Kidney Care0.86 miles away800 3rd Ave S. Webb Plaza Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 821-3201
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Dialysis1.17 miles away501 6th Ave S 6500000410 Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 7 (727) 767-4166
- Fresenius Kidney Care-St Petersburg1.53 miles away446 4th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 896-5500
- St Petersburg South Dialysis2.09 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg2.23 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- St Petersburg Kidney Care South3.93 miles away4050 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 867-1279