Bayside Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Saint Petersburg, Florida. We gave this facility a B- overall, which is a decent score. This is comparable with the city grade in Saint Petersburg, which is a B. Even in a city of 27 other nursing homes, this one looks like a fine option. One of the major highlights of this facility's report card is its stellar inspection rating, which you can find in the next section.
Bayside Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it received an excellent inspection grade. In fact, its inspection grade was far superior to its overall score. In the inspections category, we gave this facility a grade of A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively insignificant. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a strong grade in our long-term care category. We gave this facility a better than average grade of B in this area. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 96.666664 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly is often a life or death illness for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Bayside Care Center?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. There are a host of factors within this grade. Many of the factors relate to the quantity of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is short-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of D in the area of short-term care, making this the nursing home's weakest category. In the area of short-term care, we strive to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 4.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bayside Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bayside Care Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percent of long-term residents that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bayside Care Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bayside Care Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients who sustained UTI's. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bayside Care Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bayside Care Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bayside Care Center, 2.43% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bayside Care Center, 94.61% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bayside Care Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bayside Care Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Bayside Care Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bayside Care Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bayside Care Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bayside Care Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 26 other nursing homes
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.18 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 1.21 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 1.26 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.36 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.09 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.99 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 14.79 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- St Petersburg Dialysis0.57 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029
- H Street North - St Petersburg0.65 miles away635 4th St No Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (727) 821-4654
- St Petersburg Kidney Care0.86 miles away800 3rd Ave S. Webb Plaza Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 821-3201
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Dialysis1.17 miles away501 6th Ave S 6500000410 Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 7 (727) 767-4166
- Fresenius Kidney Care-St Petersburg1.53 miles away446 4th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 896-5500
- St Petersburg South Dialysis2.09 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg2.23 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- St Petersburg Kidney Care South3.93 miles away4050 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 867-1279