Bayside Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Saint Petersburg, Florida. This is a quality nursing home with a B overall. This was right in line with the city grade in Saint Petersburg. Even in a city of 16 nursing homes, this nursing home turns out to be a respectable option. The best part of this nursing home's impressive report card was its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bayside Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Saint Petersburg senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place is a strong nursing home is that it earned a very impressive inspection grade. In fact, inspections turned out to be its best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of A-. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are quite minor. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple relatively minor dings aren't necessarily something to panic about.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of B+. Nursing scores are based in large part on quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Florida in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning a patient even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Bayside Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a favorable long-term care score. Indeed, we gave it an above average score of B in this area. When nursing homes receive this type of score in this category it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 97.97298 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.07 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our final area, this facility was given a C in short-term care, which is a decent grade. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To offer highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer higher levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. Unfortunately, we were not able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this place. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 3.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bayside Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bayside Care Center, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bayside Care Center, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bayside Care Center, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who had a UTI. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bayside Care Center, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients that are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bayside Care Center, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term care residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bayside Care Center, 2.53% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bayside Care Center, 95.81% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bayside Care Center, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bayside Care Center, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Bayside Care Center, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bayside Care Center, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bayside Care Center, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bayside Care Center, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 15 other nursing homes
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.18 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 1.21 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 1.26 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.36 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.09 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.99 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 14.79 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- St Petersburg Dialysis0.57 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029
- H Street North - St Petersburg0.65 miles away635 4th St No Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (727) 821-4654
- St Petersburg Kidney Care0.86 miles away800 3rd Ave S. Webb Plaza Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 821-3201
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Dialysis1.17 miles away501 6th Ave S 6500000410 Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 7 (727) 767-4166
- Fresenius Kidney Care-St Petersburg1.53 miles away446 4th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 896-5500
- St Petersburg South Dialysis2.09 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg2.23 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- St Petersburg Kidney Care South3.93 miles away4050 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 867-1279