Baypointe Rehab Center is a large nursing home located in Brockton, Massachusetts. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is an elite score. At the end of the day, this nursing home looks like a wonderful choice for just about anybody. As you can see below, this place also performed just fine in our category ratings. It is hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Baypointe Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out the fact that this facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A+ in this category. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Compounding its dominant achievements in other areas, we gave this nursing home a score of A for its short-term care score. With our short-term care rating, we endeavor to craft a valuable measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Baypointe Rehab Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we looked at is long-term care. This facility was given an impressive long-term care score, with a B+ in the category. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 99.318184 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The final category we rated is nursing, where this nursing home was awarded a B. While this is its weakest category grade, this is still a strong rating. The nursing rating is based on several factors. The most important one is the number of hours nurses spend with residents. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Baypointe Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Baypointe Rehab Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents that have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Baypointe Rehab Center, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Baypointe Rehab Center, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Baypointe Rehab Center, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Baypointe Rehab Center, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term patients who are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Baypointe Rehab Center, 1.95% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Baypointe Rehab Center, 91.63% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Baypointe Rehab Center, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Baypointe Rehab Center, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term patients that maintained mobility.
In Baypointe Rehab Center, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Baypointe Rehab Center, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Baypointe Rehab Center, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Baypointe Rehab Center, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Brockton, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Brockton, Massachusetts has 4 other nursing homes
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.68 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.23 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away55 Fogg Road South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 340-8000
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.06 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 11.32 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 11.77 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.1 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.19 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC0.39 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center0.63 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC3.36 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Davita Weymouth Dialysis9.26 miles away330 Libbey Industrial Parkway Suite 900 East Weymouth Massachusetts 02189CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 331-7700
- Us Renal Care Weymouth Dialysis9.58 miles away587 Washington Street Weymouth Massachusetts 02188Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 340-3938
- Quality Care Dialysis Center9.9 miles awayUnit 1 Stetson West 2 West Street Unit 1 South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (781) 331-4100
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)10.74 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Us Renal Care Foxborough Dialysis11.49 miles away10 Lincoln Rd Suite 101 Foxboro Massachusetts 02035Dialysis Stations: 9 (774) 215-5696