Baypoint Healthcare Center is a nursing home in Hayward, California, a city with 177,085 people. This facility received a concerning overall grade of D in our grading scheme. If you aren't happy with this facility's overall grade, you should be able to find a better option in Hayward. The city has at least 10 other nursing homes. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's profile, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category grades. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Baypoint Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Hayward senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Radiation Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not rate this facility well overall, we want to point out its relatively favorable nursing grade this year. We gave it a B+ in this category, which was much better than its overall grade. There are a variety of factors included in this category. Most of the datapoints reflect the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
We actually gave this facility a very solid score in the area of inspections as well. We gave it a B- in this category. We would argue that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially look at the severity of the deficiencies. This place received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Baypoint Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is long-term care, where this nursing home was given a C in this category. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility gave the vaccine to just 77.483444 percent of its patients. Nevertheless, this nursing home excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we scored was short-term care, turned out to be this nursing home's least impressive category. We awarded this nursing home a D in this category. In our short-term care grade, we endeavor to forge a valuable measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess the facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Considering its score in this category, we were not stunned to discover that this nursing home was well below average in terms of the quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we looked at. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Baypoint Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 4.51% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 11.76% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents which were administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 1.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 0% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 82.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 13.7% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 25.25% of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 25.25% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 60.69% of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Hayward, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Hayward, California has 15 other nursing homes
- St Rose HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.92 miles away27200 Calaroga Ave Hayward California 94545Voluntary non-profit - Church(510) 782-6200
- San Leandro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.76 miles away13855 E 14th Street San Leandro California 94578Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 357-6500
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - San LeandroAcute Care Hospitals 4.57 miles away2500 Merced Street San Leandro California 94577Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 454-1000
- San Ramon Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.17 miles away6001 Norris Canyon Road San Ramon California 94583Proprietary(925) 275-9200
- Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.39 miles away2000 Mowry Ave Fremont California 94538Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 797-1111
- Alameda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.62 miles away2070 Clinton Avenue Alameda California 94501Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 522-3700
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FremontAcute Care Hospitals 10.94 miles away39400 Paseo Padre Pkwy Fremont California 94538Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 784-4000
- Highland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.46 miles away1411 East 31st Street Oakland California 94602Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 437-4800
- South Hayward Dialysis Center1.16 miles away254 Jackson Street Hayward California 94544CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 583-1255
- Hayward Dialysis Center1.39 miles away21615 Hesperian Boulevard Suite F Hayward California 94541CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (510) 780-9094
- East Bay Peritoneal Dialysis2.24 miles away13939 E 14th Street Ste 110 San Leandro California 94578Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 614-1380
- San Leandro Dialysis2.47 miles away15555 East 14th Street Suite 520 San Leandro California 94578CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 317-6510
- Hayward4.28 miles away1661 Industrial Parkway West Hayward California 94544CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 266-5743
- Satellite Dialysis West San Leandro4.45 miles away2401 Merced St Suite 110 San Leandro California 94577CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (510) 746-3900
- San Leandro Marina Dialysis Center4.48 miles away2551 Merced St San Leandro California 94577CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 352-1207
- Satellite Dialysis San Leandro4.98 miles away801 Davis Street San Leandro California 94577CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (510) 352-4011