Baypoint Healthcare Center is a nursing home in Hayward, California, a city with 177,085 people. This proved to be a decent facility, with an overall grade of C. At the end of the day, this facility looks like a solid choice for most people. You also may want to review this nursing home's category grades below. We discuss short-term care in the next section.
Baypoint Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Radiation Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We wanted to point out that this nursing home' short-term care grade outpaced its overall grade. In fact, we gave it a B for its short-term care grade, which is one of our better scores. This really helped its overall score. Short-term care grades are often employed to grade a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To provide highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to have higher levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. It does not appear that this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The final metric we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
We also awarded this nursing home a B- for our inspections rating. This is better than the facility's overall grade. Our inspection scores weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Does this page answer your questions about Baypoint Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's next best area was its long-term care grade, where it was given a grade of B-. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care ratings. Once we concluded our assessment of the volume of care provided by nurses, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 93.85475 percent of its patients against pneumonia. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The final category we rated was nursing, which is a weak link for this facility. We gave this nursing home a D for the area of nursing. In determining our nursing grades, we analyze both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This facility fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Baypoint Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients that sustained falls resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents which were administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 4.33% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 95.72% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Baypoint Healthcare Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Hayward, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Hayward, California has 15 other nursing homes
- St Rose HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.92 miles away27200 Calaroga Ave Hayward California 94545Voluntary non-profit - Church(510) 782-6200
- San Leandro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.76 miles away13855 E 14th Street San Leandro California 94578Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 357-6500
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - San LeandroAcute Care Hospitals 4.57 miles away2500 Merced Street San Leandro California 94577Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 454-1000
- San Ramon Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.17 miles away6001 Norris Canyon Road San Ramon California 94583Proprietary(925) 275-9200
- Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.39 miles away2000 Mowry Ave Fremont California 94538Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 797-1111
- Alameda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.62 miles away2070 Clinton Avenue Alameda California 94501Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 522-3700
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FremontAcute Care Hospitals 10.94 miles away39400 Paseo Padre Pkwy Fremont California 94538Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 784-4000
- Highland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.46 miles away1411 East 31st Street Oakland California 94602Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 437-4800
- South Hayward Dialysis Center1.16 miles away254 Jackson Street Hayward California 94544CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 583-1255
- Hayward Dialysis Center1.39 miles away21615 Hesperian Boulevard Suite F Hayward California 94541CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (510) 780-9094
- East Bay Peritoneal Dialysis2.24 miles away13939 E 14th Street Ste 110 San Leandro California 94578Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 614-1380
- San Leandro Dialysis2.47 miles away15555 East 14th Street Suite 520 San Leandro California 94578CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 317-6510
- Hayward4.28 miles away1661 Industrial Parkway West Hayward California 94544CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 266-5743
- Satellite Dialysis West San Leandro4.45 miles away2401 Merced St Suite 110 San Leandro California 94577CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (510) 746-3900
- San Leandro Marina Dialysis Center4.48 miles away2551 Merced St San Leandro California 94577CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 352-1207
- Satellite Dialysis San Leandro4.98 miles away801 Davis Street San Leandro California 94577CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (510) 352-4011