Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center is a facility located in Mckinney, Texas, which has 144,932 people. We gave this facility an overall grade of B, resulting in it being one of the top three nursing homes in the city. You could certainly do much worse than this nursing home. We were also pleased to find that this facility did not have any weak links in any of the major categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Our inspection scores are tied to several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given an impressive long-term care score. In fact, we awarded it an above average score of B+ in this area. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 99.60317 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is much higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this facility, we gave them one of our stronger scores in our short-term care category as well, with a grade of B. Our short-term care grade is typically used to judge a facility's rehabilitation services To have good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Moving on to our last category, this facility received a decent nursing score of C. We weighed the skill-level of nurses working for the facility, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses worked with residents, in calculating our grade in this area. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home surprisingly excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. It scored well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 4.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 94.64% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Mckinney, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Mckinney, Texas has 4 other nursing homes
- Methodist Mckinney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.06 miles away8000 W Eldorado Pkwy Bldg C Suite C Mckinney Texas 75070Proprietary(214) 491-5710
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center MckinneyAcute Care Hospitals 3.91 miles away5252 West University Drive Mckinney Texas 75071Voluntary non-profit - Private(469) 764-2200
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - CentennialAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away12505 Lebanon Road Frisco Texas 75035Voluntary non-profit - Other(972) 963-3333
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital AllenAcute Care Hospitals 5.19 miles away1105 Central Expressway North Allen Texas 75013Government - Federal(972) 747-6197
- Medical City MckinneyAcute Care Hospitals 5.34 miles away4500 Medical Center Drive Mckinney Texas 75069Proprietary(972) 547-8000
- Childrens Medical Center PlanoChildrens 7.85 miles away7601 Preston Road Plano Texas 75024Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-1792
- Baylor Medical Center at FriscoAcute Care Hospitals 8.1 miles away5601 Warren Parkway Frisco Texas 75034Proprietary(214) 618-2000
- Texas Health Center for Diagnostics & Surgery PlanAcute Care Hospitals 10.95 miles away6020 W Parker Road Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(972) 403-2700
- Mckinney on 380 Dialysis3.76 miles away5329 West University Mckinney Texas 75071Dialysis Stations: 13 (214) 491-4263
- Dialysis Services of Allen5.02 miles away925 Exchange Parkway Allen Texas 75013Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 908-2769
- Mckinney Dialysis5.36 miles away4717 Medical Center Drive Mckinney Texas 75069CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (972) 542-0495
- Ellsworth Dialysis LLC5.4 miles away4601 Medical Center Dr Ste G Mckinney Texas 75069Dialysis Stations: 17 (214) 945-1890
- Clough Dialysis, LLC6.19 miles away6116 Sports Village Rd. Frisco Texas 75033Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 362-5763
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Mckinney6.19 miles away1831 Harroun Mckinney Texas 75069CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (972) 548-1511
- Renal Center of Frisco6.27 miles away10850 Frisco St, Suite 300 Frisco Texas 75034Dialysis Stations: 21 (214) 872-2421
- Allen Dialysis6.52 miles away201 South Jupiter Road Allen Texas 75002Dialysis Stations: 21 (469) 342-6709