Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center is a facility located in Mckinney, Texas, which has 144,932 people. This is not a bad facility with a C overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Mckinney. You could certainly do worse than this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well in every category we looked at, but it didn't receive any rock-bottom grades either. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Mckinney senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We wanted to point out that this facility's long-term care grade outpaced its overall score. In fact, we gave it a B for its long-term care grade, which is one of our higher scores. This helped its overall grade. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 99.145294 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a proven method to avoid unnecessary deaths for the nursing home population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
This nursing home actually earned a solid inspection report this year as well, with few major dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that category with a score of B-. We were surprised this nursing home received multiple category grades of this caliber. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed was short-term care, where this facility was awarded a B- in this category. With our short-term care grade, we strive to craft a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. In this place's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than a typical facility. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below average.
The final area we assessed is nursing, which is this facility's least impressive area. We awarded this nursing home a D in this area. In computing our nursing grades, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of those nurses. This particular place offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This number is well below the national average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents who suffered falls resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 4.84% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 93.69% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence. Many would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Baybrooke Village Care and Rehabilitation Center, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements.
- Methodist Mckinney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.06 miles away8000 W Eldorado Pkwy Bldg C Suite C Mckinney Texas 75070Proprietary(214) 491-5710
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center MckinneyAcute Care Hospitals 3.91 miles away5252 West University Drive Mckinney Texas 75071Voluntary non-profit - Private(469) 764-2200
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - CentennialAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away12505 Lebanon Road Frisco Texas 75035Voluntary non-profit - Other(972) 963-3333
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital AllenAcute Care Hospitals 5.19 miles away1105 Central Expressway North Allen Texas 75013Government - Federal(972) 747-6197
- Medical City MckinneyAcute Care Hospitals 5.34 miles away4500 Medical Center Drive Mckinney Texas 75069Proprietary(972) 547-8000
- Childrens Medical Center PlanoChildrens 7.85 miles away7601 Preston Road Plano Texas 75024Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-1792
- Baylor Medical Center at FriscoAcute Care Hospitals 8.1 miles away5601 Warren Parkway Frisco Texas 75034Proprietary(214) 618-2000
- Texas Health Center for Diagnostics & Surgery PlanAcute Care Hospitals 10.95 miles away6020 W Parker Road Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(972) 403-2700
- Mckinney on 380 Dialysis3.76 miles away5329 West University Mckinney Texas 75071Dialysis Stations: 13 (214) 491-4263
- Dialysis Services of Allen5.02 miles away925 Exchange Parkway Allen Texas 75013Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 908-2769
- Mckinney Dialysis5.36 miles away4717 Medical Center Drive Mckinney Texas 75069CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (972) 542-0495
- Ellsworth Dialysis LLC5.4 miles away4601 Medical Center Dr Ste G Mckinney Texas 75069Dialysis Stations: 17 (214) 945-1890
- Clough Dialysis, LLC6.19 miles away6116 Sports Village Rd. Frisco Texas 75033Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 362-5763
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Mckinney6.19 miles away1831 Harroun Mckinney Texas 75069CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (972) 548-1511
- Renal Center of Frisco6.27 miles away10850 Frisco St, Suite 300 Frisco Texas 75034Dialysis Stations: 21 (214) 872-2421
- Allen Dialysis6.52 miles away201 South Jupiter Road Allen Texas 75002Dialysis Stations: 21 (469) 342-6709