Bayberry Nursing Home is a small nursing home located in New Rochelle, New York. We awarded this facility an B+ overall grade, ranking it in the top third of all facilities in the country. Based on our ratings, you could do much worse than this nursing home. This facility was also given phenomenal ratings in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bayberry Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on New Rochelle senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in New York Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in New Rochelle, New York Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New York Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in New Rochelle, New York Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in New York Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in New Rochelle, New York Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this ended up being a quality nursing home is it earned an A+ in our inspections category. This is simply as good as it gets in this very important category. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a strong long-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 95.16129 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia can be a deadly ailment for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Bayberry Nursing Home?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this nursing home, we awarded them one of our better grades in our short-term care category as well, with a B+. In the area of short-term care, we strive to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
The final area we assessed was nursing, where we awarded it a strong grade of B. This nursing home truly didn't have any weak grades. The nursing grade is based on a handful of subcategories, however, the most important one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bayberry Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bayberry Nursing Home, 9.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care patients which suffered from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bayberry Nursing Home, 3.11% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bayberry Nursing Home, 2.03% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of long-term patients who sustained a UTI. UTI's may be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bayberry Nursing Home, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bayberry Nursing Home, 13.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bayberry Nursing Home, 13.75% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bayberry Nursing Home, 90.38% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bayberry Nursing Home, 15.3% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bayberry Nursing Home, 14.12% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Bayberry Nursing Home, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bayberry Nursing Home, 14.12 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bayberry Nursing Home, 9.74 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bayberry Nursing Home, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Montefiore New Rochelle HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.46 miles away16 Guion Place New Rochelle New York 10802Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 632-5000
- Montefiore Mount Vernon HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away12 North 7th Avenue Mount Vernon New York 10550Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 664-8000
- Jacobi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away1400 Pelham Parkway South Bronx New York 10461Government - Local(718) 918-5000
- Montefiore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.03 miles away111 East 210th Street Bronx New York 10467Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 920-4321
- St Barnabas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away4422 Third Avenue Bronx New York 10457Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 960-9000
- St Joseph's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away127 South Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 378-7000
- St John's Riverside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away976 North Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 964-4444
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.54 miles away1276 Fulton Avenue Bronx New York 10456Proprietary(212) 588-7000
- New York Dialysis Services, Inc.1.45 miles away16 Guion Place New Rochelle New York 10802CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (914) 235-6878
- Davita Boston Post Road Dialysis Center2.49 miles away4026 Boston Road Bronx New York 10475CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 862-9245
- Westchester Center for Renal Care2.58 miles away10 Claremont Ave Mount Vernon New York 10550Dialysis Stations: 9 (914) 512-9379
- Davita Sandford Boulevard Dialysis2.79 miles away120 E. Sanford Blvd Mount Vernon New York 10550Dialysis Stations: 8 (914) 665-2035
- Workmen's Circle Dialysis Center3.04 miles away3155 Grace Avenue Bronx New York 10469Dialysis Stations: 12 (718) 379-8100
- Mount Vernon Dialysis,LLC3.19 miles away12 North 7th Avenue 3rd Floor Mount Vernon New York 10550CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (914) 665-4343
- Kings Harbor Health Services LLC3.24 miles away2020 East Gun Hill Road Bronx New York 10469Dialysis Stations: 9 (718) 320-1335
- Davita Laconia Dialysis3.53 miles away3440 Boston Road Bronx New York 10469Dialysis Stations: 24 (718) 798-0538