Bay Village of Sarasota is an average-sized nursing home located in Sarasota, Florida. This facility was given a very strong overall rating of A, making it one of the top nursing homes in Sarasota. This is impressive given that the city offers plenty of quality nursing homes. You really can't do much better than this place. Headlining this nursing home's remarkable profile is its nursing score, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bay Village of Sarasota
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Sarasota senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this facility also excelled in the category of nursing, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. When determining a facility's nursing grade, we consider the amount of time nurses are caring for patients and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an A+ long-term care grade, rendering it one of the few facilities to be awarded multiple A+ category grades. Facilities that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia can be a deadly condition for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility doesn't leave this to chance. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Bay Village of Sarasota?
Adding to an already impressive profile, this facility also received virtually flawless health inspections in recent years. As a result, we awarded it an A+ inspection grade. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category we rated, this nursing home was given a very strong grade of B+ in our short-term care category. With this grade, the nursing home topped off an elite profile. In the category of short-term care, we try to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 4.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bay Village of Sarasota Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bay Village of Sarasota, 4.13% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bay Village of Sarasota, 4.49% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients which sustained a fall which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bay Village of Sarasota, 2.13% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bay Village of Sarasota, 12.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for treating several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bay Village of Sarasota, 12.2% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bay Village of Sarasota, 4.9% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bay Village of Sarasota, 98.3% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bay Village of Sarasota, 11.48% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bay Village of Sarasota, 22.64% of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term residents that remained mobile levels.
In Bay Village of Sarasota, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bay Village of Sarasota, 22.64% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bay Village of Sarasota, 7.92% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bay Village of Sarasota, 75.66% of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Sarasota, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Sarasota, Florida has 22 other nursing homes
- Doctors Hospital of SarasotaAcute Care Hospitals 5.56 miles away5731 Bee Ridge Rd Sarasota Florida 34233Proprietary(941) 342-1100
- Sarasota Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.36 miles away1700 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota Florida 34239Government - Hospital District or Authority(941) 917-9000
- Venice Regional Medical Center - Bayfront HealthAcute Care Hospitals 10 miles away540 the Rialto Venice Florida 34285Proprietary(941) 485-7711
- Lakewood Ranch Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.01 miles away8330 Lakewood Ranch Blvd Bradenton Florida 34202Proprietary(941) 782-2100
- Manatee Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.67 miles away206 2nd St E Bradenton Florida 34208Proprietary(941) 746-5111
- Blake Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.7 miles away2020 59th St W Bradenton Florida 34209Proprietary(941) 792-6611
- Fresenius Kidney Care Sarasota Trails5.03 miles away4012 S Tamiami Trail Sarasota Florida 34231Dialysis Stations: 17 (941) 924-0003
- Us Renal Care Sarasota6.49 miles away1921 Waldemere St Ste 107 Sarasota Florida 34239CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (941) 917-6444
- Fmc - Sarasota Coastal Dialysis Center6.67 miles away2989 Fruitville Rd Sarasota Florida 34237CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (941) 373-9270
- Rtc - Venice10 miles away816 Pinebrook Rd Venice Florida 34285Dialysis Stations: 23 (941) 486-9057
- Manasota Dialysis11.57 miles away6960 Professional Pkwy E Units 4 & 5 Sarasota Florida 34240Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 362-2864
- Fmc - North Sarasota Dialysis Center11.9 miles away8037 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 14 (941) 351-1641
- Lakewood Ranch Dialysis12.52 miles away8470 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 12 (941) 359-0676
- Fmc - Venice12.54 miles away1120 Indian Hills Blvd Venice Florida 34293CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 493-5969