Pinnacle Multicare Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is in Bronx, New York, which is one of the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the nation. Sporting an overall score of B-, this looks like a middle of the road nursing home. You can definitely do worse than this place. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's report card is its remarkable inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Pinnacle Multicare Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Bronx senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this place also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this nursing home, we gave it a high-end long-term care score. In fact, we gave this facility a grade of A-. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are kept in good health. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 94.77124 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Pinnacle Multicare Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of C, which is a decent grade. Our nursing rating considers many factors. The most important factor is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we graded is short-term care. We gave it a lowly F for this category, which is a very poor grade. This is clearly a significant disappointment. In computing our short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is frequently a meaningful measure of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. It appears that this place was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 4.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pinnacle Multicare Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pinnacle Multicare Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 9.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pinnacle Multicare Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.11% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients who have experienced falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pinnacle Multicare Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.03% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients which have sustained a urinary tract infection. While more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pinnacle Multicare Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pinnacle Multicare Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pinnacle Multicare Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.75% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pinnacle Multicare Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 90.38% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pinnacle Multicare Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 15.3% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pinnacle Multicare Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.12% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Pinnacle Multicare Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pinnacle Multicare Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.12 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pinnacle Multicare Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 9.74 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pinnacle Multicare Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Bronx, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Bronx, New York has 14 other nursing homes
- Jacobi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.75 miles away1400 Pelham Parkway South Bronx New York 10461Government - Local(718) 918-5000
- Montefiore Mount Vernon HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.46 miles away12 North 7th Avenue Mount Vernon New York 10550Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 664-8000
- Montefiore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.64 miles away111 East 210th Street Bronx New York 10467Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 920-4321
- Montefiore New Rochelle HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.28 miles away16 Guion Place New Rochelle New York 10802Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 632-5000
- St Barnabas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.76 miles away4422 Third Avenue Bronx New York 10457Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 960-9000
- St Joseph's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.97 miles away127 South Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 378-7000
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.1 miles away1276 Fulton Avenue Bronx New York 10456Proprietary(212) 588-7000
- Lincoln Medical & Mental Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.56 miles away234 East 149th Street Bronx New York 10451Government - Local(718) 579-5000
- Davita Boston Post Road Dialysis Center0.46 miles away4026 Boston Road Bronx New York 10475CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 862-9245
- Workmen's Circle Dialysis Center0.53 miles away3155 Grace Avenue Bronx New York 10469Dialysis Stations: 12 (718) 379-8100
- Davita Laconia Dialysis1.03 miles away3440 Boston Road Bronx New York 10469Dialysis Stations: 24 (718) 798-0538
- Kings Harbor Health Services LLC1.23 miles away2020 East Gun Hill Road Bronx New York 10469Dialysis Stations: 9 (718) 320-1335
- Davita Sandford Boulevard Dialysis1.46 miles away120 E. Sanford Blvd Mount Vernon New York 10550Dialysis Stations: 8 (914) 665-2035
- Davita Hutchinson River Dialysis1.46 miles away2331 Eastchester Road Bronx New York 10469Dialysis Stations: 19 (718) 547-0612
- Knickerbocker Dialysis, Inc1.92 miles away3525 White Plains Road, Suite B Bronx New York 10467CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 547-4562
- Knickerbocker Dialysis, Inc1.92 miles away3525 White Plains Road Ste. A Bronx New York 10467Dialysis Stations: 1 (718) 652-1013