Baton Rouge General - Mid City Skilled Nursing is located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The city has a host of available nursing homes. This proved to be a grade A facility, which is a high-end rating. You flat out can not do any better than this nursing home. Headlining this place's exemplary profile is its inspection reports, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Baton Rouge General - Mid City Skilled Nursing
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Best Nursing Home in Louisiana Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Louisiana Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Baton Rouge, Louisiana Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Louisiana Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Baton Rouge, Louisiana Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall grade, we awarded this facility a grade of A+ for inspections. Inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. Unfortunately, it does not look like we were able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. Without complete information regarding deficiencies for this facility, it was challenging to fully evaluate the place in the area of inspections.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an A+ for its short-term care score. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be more important for those requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this area is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Baton Rouge General - Mid City Skilled Nursing?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at is long-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a solid grade of B-. This ended up being this facility's worst category. Our long-term care grade focuses on a facility's assistance with daily living rather than the skilled nursing or healthcare services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We weren't able to find information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Baton Rouge General - Mid City Skilled Nursing Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Baton Rouge General - Mid City Skilled Nursing, 12.77 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Baton Rouge General - Mid City Skilled Nursing, 64.63% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Baton Rouge, LA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Baton Rouge, Louisiana has 21 other nursing homes
- Baton Rouge General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away3600 Florida Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 387-7767
- Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.21 miles away5000 Hennessy Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808Voluntary non-profit - Church(225) 765-6565
- Womans HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away100 Woman's Way Baton Rouge Louisiana 70817Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 927-1300
- Ochsner Medical Center - Baton RougeAcute Care Hospitals 9.2 miles away17000 Medical Center Dr Baton Rouge Louisiana 70816Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 752-2470
- Lane Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.76 miles away6300 Main Street Zachary Louisiana 70791Government - Hospital District or Authority(225) 658-4000
- Davita - Mid City Dialysis0.26 miles away2902 Florida Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70802Dialysis Stations: 13 (225) 766-0093
- Fmcna - North Boulevard0.42 miles away2661 North Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 387-5777
- Fmcna - Foster Dr Dialysis Svcs1.43 miles away1919 N Foster Dr Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 354-1611
- Fmcna - Dialysis Services of Bon Carre2.64 miles away7656 Realtors Ave Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 216-0388
- Fmcna - Baton Rouge3.37 miles away524 Colonial Dr Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 927-3311
- Fmcna - Airline3.83 miles away5948 Airline Hwy Baton Rouge Louisiana 70805CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (225) 357-9055
- Fmcna - Picardy Kidney Ctr4.38 miles away7638 Picardy Ave Ste A Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 766-5600
- Fkc - j.h. Lee Kidney Center4.4 miles away5348 Flanders Drive Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808Dialysis Stations: 17 (225) 766-3761