Batavia Nursing Care Center is in Batavia, Ohio. Sporting an overall rating of C, this is likely a decent nursing home. Based on our assessment, this facility has some redeeming qualities. This nursing home did not fare well in every category we looked at, but it did not receive any terrible grades either. More information about these categories is available below.
Batavia Nursing Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its decent overall score, we awarded this facility an A for our inspections rating. This grade is far more impressive than its overall grade. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best category ended up being long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a B-. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. One of the factors we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccines. We were a bit concerned this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to only 84.03141 percent of its patients. Fortunately, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Batavia Nursing Care Center?
Another strength of this nursing home is its favorable grade in nursing. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with an D. We weighed the qualifications of nurses employed by the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of hours the nurses worked with patients, in computing our rating in this category. This nursing home offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is well below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's weakest area was short-term care, which is the last area we analyzed. In this category, we gave this nursing home a D. Our short-term care grade is generally used to gauge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To offer highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to offer better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other types of therapists. With its abysmal score in this area, we weren't shocked to discover this nursing home offered far fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most nursing homes. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics was damning for this facility's short-term care grade.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Batavia Nursing Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Batavia Nursing Care Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents who developed pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Batavia Nursing Care Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term patients that suffered a fall leading to serious injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Batavia Nursing Care Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of poor nursing care. More frequent bathing minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Batavia Nursing Care Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients which are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Batavia Nursing Care Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Batavia Nursing Care Center, 20.26% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Batavia Nursing Care Center, 90.12% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Batavia Nursing Care Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Batavia Nursing Care Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Batavia Nursing Care Center, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Batavia Nursing Care Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Batavia Nursing Care Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Batavia Nursing Care Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.07 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 15.98 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- St Elizabeth Ft ThomasAcute Care Hospitals 17.24 miles away85 North Grand Avenue Fort Thomas Kentucky 41075Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 572-3100
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 18.34 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 19.56 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 19.62 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.76 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- Davita - Batavia Dialysis0.03 miles away4000 Golden Age Drive Batavia Ohio 45103Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 735-0700
- Davita - Ohio Pike Dialysis5.41 miles away1761 State Route 125, Suite G Amelia Ohio 45102Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 797-0713
- Davita - Eastgate Dialysis7.47 miles away4435 Aicholtz Road, Suite 800a Cincinnati Ohio 45245Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 752-5544
- Targhee Dialysis LLC7.61 miles away4435 Aicholtz Drive, Suite 800b Cincinnati Ohio 45245Dialysis Stations: 4 (513) 752-8301
- Dialysis Clinic Inc8.99 miles away4600 Beechwood Rd., Suite 900 Cincinnati Ohio 45244Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 528-3222
- Davita - Clermont Inc9.92 miles away5901 Montclair Blvd, Suite 100 Milford Ohio 45150Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 248-0593
- Fmc-Milford LLC9.93 miles away5890 Meadow Creek Drive Milford Ohio 45150Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 248-1690
- Davita - Anderson Dialysis11.08 miles away7502 State Road Suite, 1160 Cincinnati Ohio 45255CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 624-0400