Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing is located in Jacksonville, Florida. The city has a multitude of options. It looks like this nursing home is among the highest-rated nursing homes we found. A grade in this range requires excellent marks across the board. Based on the data we reviewed, you can't go wrong with this nursing home. This facility also received strong grades in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Jacksonville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received an A+ short-term care grade. Our short-term care grade is generally used to gauge a facility's rehabilitation services. To provide highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 7.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
This facility has also received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite insignificant. This place received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing grades are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning a patient more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category we assessed, this facility received a very strong grade of B+ in our long-term care category. With this score, the nursing home completed an elite profile. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is much higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 12.5% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents who had a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 2.7% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who suffered from UTI's. UTI's may be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 3.51% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 21.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 20.95% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression could be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 95.95% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 11.36% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 14.16% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 14.16% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 6.38% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 80.07% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Jacksonville, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Jacksonville, Florida has 13 other nursing homes
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 9.91 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Mayo ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 10.84 miles away4500 San Pablo Rd Jacksonville Florida 32224Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 953-2000
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 10.99 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Orange Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.07 miles away2001 Kingsley Ave Orange Park Florida 32073Voluntary non-profit - Other(904) 276-8500
- Baptist Medical Center - BeachesAcute Care Hospitals 12.88 miles away1350 13th Ave S Jacksonville Beach Florida 32250Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 247-2900
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 14.27 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 14.63 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Jacksonville South Dialysis Center1.18 miles away14965 Old St Augustine Rd Unit 114 Jacksonville Florida 32258CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 880-9494
- Fmc - Mandarin4.77 miles away9143 Philips Hwy Suite 110 Jacksonville Florida 32256Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 538-0270
- Taskett Dialysis, LLC6.61 miles away8021 Philips Highway Suite 15 Jacksonville Florida 32256Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 636-9652
- Dialysis Clinic Inc of Southpoint8.55 miles away11705 San Jose Blvd Suite 100 Jacksonville Florida 32223CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 296-6362
- Kidney Kare of Jacksonville, Inc8.72 miles away4168 Southpoint Parkway Suite 103 Jacksonville Florida 32216Dialysis Stations: 8 (904) 332-8004
- Bma of Florida, Incorporated9.6 miles away5730 Bowden Road Suite 110 Jacksonville Florida 32216Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 419-0273
- Mayo Clinic Outpatient Dialysis9.9 miles away5658 Worrall Way Jacksonville Florida 32224Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 956-2020
- Nxstage Kidney Care - Jacksonville10.09 miles away2777 University Blvd W #39 Jacksonville Florida 32217Dialysis Stations: 10 (904) 527-5322