With over 20 facilities to choose from located in Jacksonville, Florida, Bartram Crossing is one of the seemingly endless list of nursing homes. It looks like this nursing home is among the highest-rated nursing homes we looked at. Receiving an A+ in our rating scheme requires first-rate scores across the board. Based on our assessment, you can't go wrong here. We also gave this facility phenomenal grades in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection grades are based on several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This top notch nursing home also dominated in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a score of A+. Very few facilities fared better in this category. Short-term care grades are often used to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To have highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have higher levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 7.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Bartram Crossing?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a very strong long-term care grade. This actually is its third best category grade. In that category, this facility received a score of A. When facilities receive this type of grade in this category it is usually a good sign for patient care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 99.2 percent of its residents. This is a great way to minimize unnecessary deaths for the senior population. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Switching gears to our fourth area, this nursing home was given a very strong nursing rating. We gave it an A in that category, giving this facility straight A's. Our nursing rating looks at the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of training of the nurses as well as the amount of time spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bartram Crossing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bartram Crossing, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bartram Crossing, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bartram Crossing, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bartram Crossing, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bartram Crossing, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bartram Crossing, 2.43% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting signs of depression. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bartram Crossing, 94.61% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bartram Crossing, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bartram Crossing, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Bartram Crossing, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bartram Crossing, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bartram Crossing, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bartram Crossing, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Jacksonville, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Jacksonville, Florida has 30 other nursing homes
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 9.91 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Mayo ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 10.84 miles away4500 San Pablo Rd Jacksonville Florida 32224Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 953-2000
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 10.99 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Orange Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.07 miles away2001 Kingsley Ave Orange Park Florida 32073Voluntary non-profit - Other(904) 276-8500
- Baptist Medical Center - BeachesAcute Care Hospitals 12.88 miles away1350 13th Ave S Jacksonville Beach Florida 32250Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 247-2900
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 14.27 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 14.63 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Jacksonville South Dialysis Center1.18 miles away14965 Old St Augustine Rd Unit 114 Jacksonville Florida 32258CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 880-9494
- Fmc - Mandarin4.77 miles away9143 Philips Hwy Suite 110 Jacksonville Florida 32256Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 538-0270
- Taskett Dialysis, LLC6.61 miles away8021 Philips Highway Suite 15 Jacksonville Florida 32256Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 636-9652
- Dialysis Clinic Inc of Southpoint8.55 miles away11705 San Jose Blvd Suite 100 Jacksonville Florida 32223CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 296-6362
- Kidney Kare of Jacksonville, Inc8.72 miles away4168 Southpoint Parkway Suite 103 Jacksonville Florida 32216Dialysis Stations: 8 (904) 332-8004
- Bma of Florida, Incorporated9.6 miles away5730 Bowden Road Suite 110 Jacksonville Florida 32216Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 419-0273
- Mayo Clinic Outpatient Dialysis9.9 miles away5658 Worrall Way Jacksonville Florida 32224Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 956-2020
- Nxstage Kidney Care - Jacksonville10.09 miles away2777 University Blvd W #39 Jacksonville Florida 32217Dialysis Stations: 10 (904) 527-5322