With over 20 facilities to choose from located in Jacksonville, Florida, Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing is one of the seemingly endless list of nursing homes. It looks like this nursing home is among the highest-rated nursing homes we looked at. A score of this caliber requires superb marks across the board. Based on our ratings, you can not go wrong here. We also gave this facility phenomenal grades in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
To complement its impressive achievements in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a score of A for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care grades are probably more critical for people needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually mandates more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients that returned home from the nursing home. We found that 7.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our next category, we gave this nursing home a grade of A for our long-term care rating. This is a very impressive score. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are well cared for. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 99.18033 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Moving on to our next category, this facility received an extremely favorable nursing score. In fact, we awarded it a B+ in that area, wrapping up one of our better report cards. Our nursing score looks at the facility's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the amount of time spent with patients. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint could be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 2.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. High levels of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 94.94% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who maintained mobility. Some believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' well-being.
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bartram Crossing Skilled Nursing, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Jacksonville, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Jacksonville, Florida has 30 other nursing homes
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 9.91 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Mayo ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 10.84 miles away4500 San Pablo Rd Jacksonville Florida 32224Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 953-2000
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 10.99 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Orange Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.07 miles away2001 Kingsley Ave Orange Park Florida 32073Voluntary non-profit - Other(904) 276-8500
- Baptist Medical Center - BeachesAcute Care Hospitals 12.88 miles away1350 13th Ave S Jacksonville Beach Florida 32250Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 247-2900
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 14.27 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 14.63 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Jacksonville South Dialysis Center1.18 miles away14965 Old St Augustine Rd Unit 114 Jacksonville Florida 32258CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 880-9494
- Fmc - Mandarin4.77 miles away9143 Philips Hwy Suite 110 Jacksonville Florida 32256Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 538-0270
- Taskett Dialysis, LLC6.61 miles away8021 Philips Highway Suite 15 Jacksonville Florida 32256Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 636-9652
- Dialysis Clinic Inc of Southpoint8.55 miles away11705 San Jose Blvd Suite 100 Jacksonville Florida 32223CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 296-6362
- Kidney Kare of Jacksonville, Inc8.72 miles away4168 Southpoint Parkway Suite 103 Jacksonville Florida 32216Dialysis Stations: 8 (904) 332-8004
- Bma of Florida, Incorporated9.6 miles away5730 Bowden Road Suite 110 Jacksonville Florida 32216Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 419-0273
- Mayo Clinic Outpatient Dialysis9.9 miles away5658 Worrall Way Jacksonville Florida 32224Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 956-2020
- Nxstage Kidney Care - Jacksonville10.09 miles away2777 University Blvd W #39 Jacksonville Florida 32217Dialysis Stations: 10 (904) 527-5322