Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation is a facility located in Jackson, New Jersey, which has 54,392 people. We awarded this facility an B+ overall grade, ranking it in the top third of all facilities in the country. Based on our assessment, this place is a solid choice for most people. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this area generally have very few severe deficiencies. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that we were able to find information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility performed well in our long-term care category. Indeed, we gave it a score of A- for that category, which turns out to be one of our most favorable scores. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 99.51691 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is often a dangerous ailment for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded an impressive short-term care score as well. We awarded it one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Our short-term care ratings are presumably most critical for individuals in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we considered the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
The final area we looked at was nursing, which was this nursing home's least impressive category. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D in this area. However, we would not assess this nursing home solely on one weak category, as it was given several high-end grades in other areas. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for many medical conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 5.95% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression could reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 91.97% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Many believe this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.41 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.11 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.83 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.36 miles away99 Rt 37 West Toms River New Jersey 08755Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 557-8000
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.33 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.38 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Davita Jackson Township Dialysis0.69 miles away260 North County Line Road Suite 120 Jackson New Jersey 08527Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 364-2055
- Fmc Lakewood Dialysis5.26 miles awaySeagull Shopping Plaza 1328 River Avenue Ste 16 Lakewood New Jersey 08701Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 730-2222
- Dci Freehold7.32 miles away901 West Main St Suite 202 Freehold New Jersey 07728CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (732) 677-5200
- Shining Star Davita Bricktown Dc8.4 miles away525 Jack Martin Boulevard Suite 200 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 836-9669
- Meridian-Fresenius Dialysis at Brick8.61 miles away1640 Route 88 Suite 102 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (732) 785-2690
- Wall Township Home Training9.44 miles away5100 Belmar Blvd Ste 1 Farmingdale New Jersey 07727Dialysis Stations: 6 (732) 938-2780
- Physicians Dialysis Brick9.57 miles awayRenal Center 150 Brick Boulevard Brick New Jersey 08723CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 477-2247
- Fresenius Medical Care Toms River10.63 miles away970 Hooper Avenue Toms River New Jersey 08753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 286-6502