Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation is a facility located in Jackson, New Jersey, which has 54,392 people. With an overall rating of B+, this is a very good nursing home. As far as we can see, this nursing home looks like a good fit for quite a few people. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Jackson senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being an elite nursing home overall, this facility excelled in our inspections category, where it earned an A+. Very few facilities performed this well in this area. Our inspection ratings are based on many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. It doesn't look like we have deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our long-term care grade. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are well cared for. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 99.77974 percent of its patients. This is a proven method to minimize unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the nursing home population. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home also received favorable short-term care scores in our assessment. In fact, we gave them one of our stronger scores in that area, with a grade of B+. In our short-term care grade, we try to create a sound gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at the facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
The last area we scored was nursing, which ended up being a weak spot for this nursing home. We awarded this facility a D in our nursing category, making this the nursing home's worst area. We'd nevertheless suggest that you consider all of a nursing home's grades. When computing our nursing ratings, we look at both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This facility performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these data points to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 12.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 4.41% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term residents that experienced a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 1.86% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint may be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 4.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 14.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 4.91% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some argue this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 99.89% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 6.13% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 6.87% of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 6.87% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 6.74% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 86.93% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.41 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.11 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.83 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.36 miles away99 Rt 37 West Toms River New Jersey 08755Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 557-8000
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.33 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.38 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Davita Jackson Township Dialysis0.69 miles away260 North County Line Road Suite 120 Jackson New Jersey 08527Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 364-2055
- Fmc Lakewood Dialysis5.26 miles awaySeagull Shopping Plaza 1328 River Avenue Ste 16 Lakewood New Jersey 08701Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 730-2222
- Dci Freehold7.32 miles away901 West Main St Suite 202 Freehold New Jersey 07728CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (732) 677-5200
- Shining Star Davita Bricktown Dc8.4 miles away525 Jack Martin Boulevard Suite 200 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 836-9669
- Meridian-Fresenius Dialysis at Brick8.61 miles away1640 Route 88 Suite 102 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (732) 785-2690
- Wall Township Home Training9.44 miles away5100 Belmar Blvd Ste 1 Farmingdale New Jersey 07727Dialysis Stations: 6 (732) 938-2780
- Physicians Dialysis Brick9.57 miles awayRenal Center 150 Brick Boulevard Brick New Jersey 08723CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 477-2247
- Fresenius Medical Care Toms River10.63 miles away970 Hooper Avenue Toms River New Jersey 08753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 286-6502