Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation is a facility located in Jackson, New Jersey, which has 54,392 people. With an overall rating of B+, this is a very good nursing home. As far as we can see, this nursing home looks like a good fit for quite a few people. This place was better in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of our major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving an elite overall score, this facility earned an A+ inspection rating. This is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can offer a nursing home. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility performed well in the area of long-term care. As a result, we awarded it a score of A- for that area, which turns out to be one of our higher scores. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 99.757866 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded an impressive short-term care score as well. We awarded it one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Our short-term care ratings are presumably most critical for individuals in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we considered the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
The final area we looked at was nursing. This facility was given an above average nursing grade in our assessment, with a C. Even though this was not nearly as elite as some of its other scores, this remains a decent rating for that area. Nursing grades are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, our nursing scores also consider quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is usually an indicator that a place has quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses to assist its patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percentage of long-term stay patients which developed pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who have suffered a fall resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 5.81% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression could reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 92% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Many believe this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bartley Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.41 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.11 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.83 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.36 miles away99 Rt 37 West Toms River New Jersey 08755Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 557-8000
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.33 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.38 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Davita Jackson Township Dialysis0.69 miles away260 North County Line Road Suite 120 Jackson New Jersey 08527Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 364-2055
- Fmc Lakewood Dialysis5.26 miles awaySeagull Shopping Plaza 1328 River Avenue Ste 16 Lakewood New Jersey 08701Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 730-2222
- Dci Freehold7.32 miles away901 West Main St Suite 202 Freehold New Jersey 07728CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (732) 677-5200
- Shining Star Davita Bricktown Dc8.4 miles away525 Jack Martin Boulevard Suite 200 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 836-9669
- Meridian-Fresenius Dialysis at Brick8.61 miles away1640 Route 88 Suite 102 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (732) 785-2690
- Wall Township Home Training9.44 miles away5100 Belmar Blvd Ste 1 Farmingdale New Jersey 07727Dialysis Stations: 6 (732) 938-2780
- Physicians Dialysis Brick9.57 miles awayRenal Center 150 Brick Boulevard Brick New Jersey 08723CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 477-2247
- Fresenius Medical Care Toms River10.63 miles away970 Hooper Avenue Toms River New Jersey 08753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 286-6502