Baptist Village of Owasso is in Owasso, Oklahoma, a city with a total of 38,680 people. Sporting an overall rating of B+, this looks like a high quality nursing home. We actually ranked it as the best facility in Owasso. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which you can find in the next section.
Baptist Village of Owasso
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in Oklahoma Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Owasso, Oklahoma Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize that this nursing home earned near flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A+ in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a score of A- for our long-term care grade. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Baptist Village of Owasso?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. This wasn't quite on par with some of its other category grades mentioned above. We analyzed the licensure of nurses at the facility, as well as the number of hours the nurses worked with patients, in calculating our grade in this area. This facility averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily, which is well below average. Lastly, while this nursing home got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of our quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it did remarkably well in this statistic.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we scored is short-term care. In this category, we gave this nursing home an acceptable grade of B-. This actually proved to be this nursing home's least impressive category. In the category of short-term care, we seek to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. We were not able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Baptist Village of Owasso Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients which have experienced urinary tract infections. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care residents who are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are generally prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 3.91% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 92.49% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 14.86 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 71.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- St John OwassoAcute Care Hospitals 2.64 miles away12451 East 100th Street North Owasso Oklahoma 74055Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 274-5100
- Bailey Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 3.17 miles away10502 North 110th East Avenue Owasso Oklahoma 74055Proprietary(918) 376-8000
- Hillcrest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.74 miles away1120 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Proprietary(918) 579-1000
- Parkside, IncPsychiatric 10.96 miles away1619 East 13th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74120Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 582-2131
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 11.37 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Oklahoma State University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.09 miles away744 West 9th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Government - State(918) 599-1000
- Claremore Indian HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.21 miles away101 South Moore Ave Claremore Oklahoma 74017Tribal(918) 341-8430
- St John Broken Arrow, IncAcute Care Hospitals 12.79 miles away1000 West Boise Circle Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 994-8100
- Davita - Owasso Dialysis2.17 miles away9521 N Owasso East Expressway Owasso Oklahoma 74055Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 376-2685
- Fmcna - Bailey Dialysis Center2.87 miles away10205 N 110th E Ave Owasso Oklahoma 74055Dialysis Stations: 15 (918) 272-2719
- Fmcna - North Harvard8.14 miles away1515 N Harvard Ste D Tulsa Oklahoma 74115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (918) 835-5599
- Davita - Greenwood Dialysis10.01 miles away1345 N Lansing Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74106CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (918) 585-8811
- Davita - Central Tulsa10.91 miles away1124 S St Louis Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74120CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 585-5557
- Fmcna - East Tulsa11.94 miles away5147 S Garnett Rd Ste C Tulsa Oklahoma 74146CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 250-3427
- Osu Medical Center Outpatient Dialysis Unit12.07 miles away802 S Jackson Ste 101 Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 599-4072
- Fmcna - North Tulsa12.28 miles away2309 W Edison Ste A Tulsa Oklahoma 74127CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 592-0724