Baptist Village of Owasso is in Owasso, Oklahoma, a city with a total of 38,680 people. Sporting an overall rating of A-, this is without a doubt an impressive nursing home. We ranked this facility as one of the top 50 facilities in Oklahoma. If you look further down this page, you can see this place's category grades, which are also impressive.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Baptist Village of Owasso
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Owasso senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Oklahoma Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Owasso, Oklahoma Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place ended up being a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is as good as it gets in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. Our nursing score is largely tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of moving residents more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Baptist Village of Owasso?
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, this nursing home also was given favorable long-term care grades in our assessment. In fact, we gave it one of our stronger scores in that category, with a score of B+. When nursing homes receive this type of score in long-term care it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 98.623856 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is often a deadly health condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't take any chances. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was short-term care. In this category, we awarded this nursing home a strong grade of B. Short-term care grades are generally used to grade a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to have highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to provide better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this facility provided information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Baptist Village of Owasso Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 8.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 4.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who sustained falls which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 3.64% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 13.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 23.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are typically used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 4.69% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 92.54% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 14.6% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 13.04% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 1.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 13.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 16.38 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Baptist Village of Owasso, 75.62% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with better rehabilitation.
- St John OwassoAcute Care Hospitals 2.64 miles away12451 East 100th Street North Owasso Oklahoma 74055Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 274-5100
- Bailey Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 3.17 miles away10502 North 110th East Avenue Owasso Oklahoma 74055Proprietary(918) 376-8000
- Hillcrest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.74 miles away1120 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Proprietary(918) 579-1000
- Parkside, IncPsychiatric 10.96 miles away1619 East 13th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74120Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 582-2131
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 11.37 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Oklahoma State University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.09 miles away744 West 9th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Government - State(918) 599-1000
- Claremore Indian HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.21 miles away101 South Moore Ave Claremore Oklahoma 74017Tribal(918) 341-8430
- St John Broken Arrow, IncAcute Care Hospitals 12.79 miles away1000 West Boise Circle Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 994-8100
- Davita - Owasso Dialysis2.17 miles away9521 N Owasso East Expressway Owasso Oklahoma 74055Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 376-2685
- Fmcna - Bailey Dialysis Center2.87 miles away10205 N 110th E Ave Owasso Oklahoma 74055Dialysis Stations: 15 (918) 272-2719
- Fmcna - North Harvard8.14 miles away1515 N Harvard Ste D Tulsa Oklahoma 74115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (918) 835-5599
- Davita - Greenwood Dialysis10.01 miles away1345 N Lansing Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74106CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (918) 585-8811
- Davita - Central Tulsa10.91 miles away1124 S St Louis Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74120CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 585-5557
- Fmcna - East Tulsa11.94 miles away5147 S Garnett Rd Ste C Tulsa Oklahoma 74146CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 250-3427
- Osu Medical Center Outpatient Dialysis Unit12.07 miles away802 S Jackson Ste 101 Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 599-4072
- Fmcna - North Tulsa12.28 miles away2309 W Edison Ste A Tulsa Oklahoma 74127CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 592-0724