Riverview Estates Rehabilitation and Senior Living is a small non-profit nursing home located in Riverton, New Jersey. Sporting an overall grade of A, this nursing home is ranked among the most impressive nursing homes we found. Based on our analysis, you can't go wrong with this place. Lastly, this nursing home's ownership changed in the last year, so we will need to monitor it to confirm it maintains its high level of care.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Riverview Estates Rehabilitation and Senior Living
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Riverview Estates Rehabilitation and Senior Living has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Riverton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great nursing home overall, it also received A+ health inspections recently. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively minor. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its long-term care grade. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 75 percent of its patients. This is slightly lower than we were hoping for but still a decent figure. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Riverview Estates Rehabilitation and Senior Living?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Nursing scores are based largely on quality and quantity of nursing care. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning a resident at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the last category, this nursing home also performed well in the short-term care category. In fact, we gave it a grade of B+ in this category. This finalized a first-rate report card. Short-term care grades are commonly used to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To have good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature better levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The last metric we looked at in this category is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Riverview Estates Rehabilitation and Senior Living Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Riverview Estates Rehabilitation and Senior Living, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Riverview Estates Rehabilitation and Senior Living, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Riverview Estates Rehabilitation and Senior Living, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients who have had urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Riverview Estates Rehabilitation and Senior Living, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Riverview Estates Rehabilitation and Senior Living, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Riverview Estates Rehabilitation and Senior Living, 6.37% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Riverview Estates Rehabilitation and Senior Living, 89.73% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Riverview Estates Rehabilitation and Senior Living, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Riverview Estates Rehabilitation and Senior Living, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Riverview Estates Rehabilitation and Senior Living, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Riverview Estates Rehabilitation and Senior Living, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Riverview Estates Rehabilitation and Senior Living, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Riverview Estates Rehabilitation and Senior Living, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.34 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.47 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.17 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 5.6 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.74 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- Temple University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.01 miles away3401 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19140Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 707-2000
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.26 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.32 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Isd Renal, Inc2.84 miles away6501 Roosevelt Blvd. Suite 6581 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19149Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 288-4671
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Nazareth3.38 miles away2601 Holme Avenue Ground Floor, Marion Building Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 335-0668
- Davita Cottman Kidney Center3.54 miles away7198 Castor Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19149CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 745-4060
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Northeast Philadelphia4.05 miles away900 East Howell Street, Suite A Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19149Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 831-6170
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Parkview4.06 miles away4453 Castor Avenue, Suite A Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (215) 744-2465
- Davita Delran Dialysis4.33 miles away8008 Route 130 North Riverside New Jersey 08075CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (856) 764-0800
- Davita - Grant One Dialysis Center4.57 miles away9475 Roosevelt Boulevard, Suite 9 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 673-0490
- Northeast Philadelphia Dialysis Center4.6 miles away518 Knorr Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 745-4859