Located in North Little Rock, Arkansas, Baptist Health Medical Center - Nlr is one of five facilities in this area. With an overall grade of A, this nursing home outpaced the vast majority of the nursing homes in North Little Rock by a wide margin. In addition, this is a hospital-based facility, which may add peace of mind for prospective patients with significant health conditions. Headlining this nursing home's remarkable profile is its inspection grade, which we will address in the next section.
Baptist Health Medical Center - Nlr
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2019 by Nick Lata
3333 Springhill Drive,
North Little Rock AR 72117
75.83% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Baptist Health Medical Center - Nlr has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Arkansas Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in North Little Rock, Arkansas Awards 2019
One of the reasons this place ended up being a great nursing home is it earned an A+ in our inspections category. This is just about as good as it gets in this category. Our inspection scores are tied to items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its superb resume, this facility also performed well in our short-term care area. In fact, we awarded it a score of A for the category. Short-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 6.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Baptist Health Medical Center - Nlr?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was dominant in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A-. Not many facilities performed better in this category. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. We were not able to locate this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In the final category, we awarded this facility a grade of A+ for our nursing rating. This topped off a very impressive profile. The nursing score weighs quite a few factors, most of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Baptist Health Medical Center - Nlr Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Baptist Health Medical Center - Nlr, 12.62 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Baptist Health Medical Center - Nlr, 77.48% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for North Little Rock, AR
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? North Little Rock, Arkansas has 4 other nursing homes
- Baptist Health Medical Center North Little RockAcute Care Hospitals 0.25 miles away3333 Springhill Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72117Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 202-3000
- St Vincent Medical Center/NorthAcute Care Hospitals 2.3 miles away2215 Wildwood Avenue Sherwood Arkansas 72120Voluntary non-profit - Church(501) 552-7100
- Arkansas Children's HospitalChildrens 4.85 miles away1 Children's Way, Slot 301 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 364-1100
- Uams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away4301 West Markham Street Mail Slot 612 Little Rock Arkansas 72205Government - State(501) 686-5000
- Arkansas Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.19 miles away5201 North Shore Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72118Proprietary(501) 748-8000
- Bridgeway Inc, ThePsychiatric 7.91 miles away21 Bridgeway Road Maumelle Arkansas 72113Proprietary(501) 771-1500
- North Metro Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.32 miles away1400 Braden Street Jacksonville Arkansas 72076Proprietary(501) 985-7000
- Arkansas Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.25 miles away1701 S Shackleford Road Little Rock Arkansas 72211Proprietary(501) 219-7000
- Davita - North Little Rock Dialysis Ctr0.43 miles away4505 E Mccain Blvd North Little Rock Arkansas 72117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (501) 945-2323
- Davita - Diamond State Dialysis4.73 miles away9022 Landers Rd Suite E North Little Rock Arkansas 72117Dialysis Stations: 12 (501) 834-1393
- Arkansas Childrens Hospital-Dialysis5.39 miles away1 Childrens Way-Slot 204 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Dialysis Stations: 7 (501) 364-1813
- Davita - Springhill Dialysis5.57 miles awaySpringhill Medical Plaza 3401 Springhill Dr Ste 190 North Little Rock Arkansas 72117CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (501) 945-3669
- Fmcna - East Little Rock6.93 miles away5320 West 12th St Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 660-7867
- Davita - Little Rock Dialysis8.1 miles away6 Freeway Drive Suite 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 664-6754
- Davita - Jacksonville Central Dialysis Ctr8.29 miles away400 T P White Dr Jacksonville Arkansas 72076Dialysis Stations: 12 (501) 241-1300
- Fmcna - Little Rock Dialysis8.56 miles away10310 W Markham Ste 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 225-3890