Baptist Health La Grange is the only facility located in La Grange, Kentucky. Amazingly, this is one of the top ten nursing homes in the country. With more than 15,000 facilities in the country, this is an incredibly impressive accomplishment. We could not find many bad things to say about this nursing home. Its scores are as good as they get. Keep reading to see this facility's category scores, which also impressed us. You just can't do much better than a straight A report card.
Baptist Health La Grange
- Nursing Home
Updated Oct 1, 2021 by Nick Reese
1025 New Moody Lane,
La Grange KY 40031
25% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate facility overall, this facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes fared better in this category. Our nursing score is mostly associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility was given high marks in the area of short-term care. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in that area with a grade of A+. In the area of short-term care, we strive to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this category is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Baptist Health La Grange?
Continuing with its first-class performance, this nursing home also earned an A+ inspection grade. This grade is based on its recent government inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can pay to a facility. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored is long-term care. We gave them another impressive score of A+ in this area. This completed a amazing report card of A+'s. In a long-term care setting, the primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. One of the data points we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility submitted data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Baptist Health La Grange Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Baptist Health La Grange, 13.78 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Baptist Health La Grange, 72.12% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Baptist Health La GrangeAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away1025 New Moody Lane La Grange Kentucky 40031Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 222-5388
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 14.86 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- Jewish Hospital - ShelbyvilleAcute Care Hospitals 14.94 miles away727 Hospital Drive Shelbyville Kentucky 40065Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 647-4300
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 18.01 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 18.77 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- Davita - Lagrange Dialysis Center0.36 miles away240 Parker Drive La Grange Kentucky 40031Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 222-5527
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of Oldham County2.61 miles away2100 Button Lane, Suite 105 La Grange Kentucky 40031Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 225-6223
- Fmc - Northeast Louisville11.32 miles away3701 Chamberlain Lane Louisville Kentucky 40241CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 327-1144
- Davita - Springhurst Dialysis Center12.22 miles away10201 Champion Farms Dr Louisville Kentucky 40241Dialysis Stations: 18 (502) 425-2131
- Saguaro Dialysis LLC14.73 miles away50 Church View Street Shelbyville Kentucky 40065Dialysis Stations: 2 (502) 647-0127
- Fmc - Shelbyville15.1 miles away150 Stonecrest Rd. Shelbyville Kentucky 40065CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 633-6333
- Davita - Shelbyville Road Dialysis17.23 miles away4600 Shelbyville Road, Ste 310 Louisville Kentucky 40207Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 893-4791
- Davita - Meadows East17.42 miles away2529 Six Mile Lane, Suite B Louisville Kentucky 40220Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 499-4384