Baptist Health La Grange is the only facility located in La Grange, Kentucky. Amazingly, this nursing home made our top 100 list of the best facilities in the country. With over 15,000 facilities in the nation, this is a phenomenal achievement. We could not find many negative things to say about this facility. Its grades are impeccable. Scroll down to find this facility's category ratings, which are equally impressive. You really can't do much better than a straight A report card.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Baptist Health La Grange
- Nursing Home
Updated Oct 1, 2021 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Baptist Health La Grange has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on La Grange senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2021
To pair with a favorable overall score, we gave this nursing home an A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category typically have few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This means the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Our nursing rating is primarily tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Baptist Health La Grange?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was short-term care. This facility also received an A+ short-term care grade, rendering it one of the few facilities to receive multiple A+ category grades. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to gauge a facility's rehabilitation services In order to have quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last area, this nursing home also received an excellent long-term care rating, with a grade of A. This completed an elite profile. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care grades. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility provided information about vaccinations. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Baptist Health La Grange Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Baptist Health La Grange, 6.33% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Baptist Health La Grange, 20.51% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Baptist Health La GrangeAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away1025 New Moody Lane La Grange Kentucky 40031Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 222-5388
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 14.86 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- Jewish Hospital - ShelbyvilleAcute Care Hospitals 14.94 miles away727 Hospital Drive Shelbyville Kentucky 40065Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 647-4300
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 18.01 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 18.77 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- Davita - Lagrange Dialysis Center0.36 miles away240 Parker Drive La Grange Kentucky 40031Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 222-5527
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of Oldham County2.61 miles away2100 Button Lane, Suite 105 La Grange Kentucky 40031Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 225-6223
- Fmc - Northeast Louisville11.32 miles away3701 Chamberlain Lane Louisville Kentucky 40241CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 327-1144
- Davita - Springhurst Dialysis Center12.22 miles away10201 Champion Farms Dr Louisville Kentucky 40241Dialysis Stations: 18 (502) 425-2131
- Saguaro Dialysis LLC14.73 miles away50 Church View Street Shelbyville Kentucky 40065Dialysis Stations: 2 (502) 647-0127
- Fmc - Shelbyville15.1 miles away150 Stonecrest Rd. Shelbyville Kentucky 40065CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 633-6333
- Davita - Shelbyville Road Dialysis17.23 miles away4600 Shelbyville Road, Ste 310 Louisville Kentucky 40207Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 893-4791
- Davita - Meadows East17.42 miles away2529 Six Mile Lane, Suite B Louisville Kentucky 40220Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 499-4384