Baptist Health La Grange is a small hospital-based nursing home in La Grange, Kentucky. It looks like this nursing home is among the highest-graded nursing homes we looked at. In fact, it received our most impressive grade. As far as we can see, this facility ought to be a no brainer for most people. As you can find below, this facility performed equally well in our category ratings. We gave it a straight A report card!
Baptist Health La Grange
Updated Oct 1, 2021 by Nick Lata
1025 New Moody Lane,
La Grange KY 40031
25% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Nursing ratings are tied to nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides an incredible 8.2 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. Out of this total, many of the hours were provided by registered nurses, which is one of the most highly trained levels of nurses. In addition to offering high levels of care, this nursing home also excelled in the quality measures we assessed. It performed as well as any facility in the country when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to note the fact that this nursing home performed well in our short-term care category. We gave them an exemplary score of A+ in this area. Our short-term care scores are probably most critical for residents needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not only nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. One of this nursing home's strengths is that it offers more than seven hours of care per week from registered nurses per patient. This is really the gold standard in this metric, as it's roughly 50% higher than a typical place's level of registered nurse staffing. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that it performed as well as just about any facility in the nation in this area with 64.4 percent of its residents returning home. Most places are below 50 percent in this metric.
Does this page answer your questions about Baptist Health La Grange?
Adding to an already impressive profile, this facility also received virtually flawless health inspections in recent years. As a result, we awarded it an A+ inspection grade. Our inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this category typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the last area, this nursing home also was awarded an A+ long-term care score, leaving it as one of just a handful of nursing homes to achieve straight A+'s. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care scores. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Baptist Health La Grange Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Baptist Health La Grange, 13.28 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Baptist Health La Grange, 72.21% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Baptist Health La GrangeAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away1025 New Moody Lane La Grange Kentucky 40031Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 222-5388
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 14.86 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- Jewish Hospital - ShelbyvilleAcute Care Hospitals 14.94 miles away727 Hospital Drive Shelbyville Kentucky 40065Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 647-4300
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 18.01 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 18.77 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- Davita - Lagrange Dialysis Center0.36 miles away240 Parker Drive La Grange Kentucky 40031Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 222-5527
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of Oldham County2.61 miles away2100 Button Lane, Suite 105 La Grange Kentucky 40031Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 225-6223
- Fmc - Northeast Louisville11.32 miles away3701 Chamberlain Lane Louisville Kentucky 40241CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 327-1144
- Davita - Springhurst Dialysis Center12.22 miles away10201 Champion Farms Dr Louisville Kentucky 40241Dialysis Stations: 18 (502) 425-2131
- Saguaro Dialysis LLC14.73 miles away50 Church View Street Shelbyville Kentucky 40065Dialysis Stations: 2 (502) 647-0127
- Fmc - Shelbyville15.1 miles away150 Stonecrest Rd. Shelbyville Kentucky 40065CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 633-6333
- Davita - Shelbyville Road Dialysis17.23 miles away4600 Shelbyville Road, Ste 310 Louisville Kentucky 40207Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 893-4791
- Davita - Meadows East17.42 miles away2529 Six Mile Lane, Suite B Louisville Kentucky 40220Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 499-4384