With an address in Banning, California, Banning Healthcare is one of just two available nursing homes in the area. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of C. A score of this caliber requires some respectable scores. Based on our assessment, this place looks like a good fit for quite a few people. This place was stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
3476 W. Wilson St.,
Banning CA 92220
80.93% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received a favorable short-term care score this year. We awarded them a strong grade in that category, with a B. This is a better grade than the nursing home's overall grade and was a boost to its overall profile. In the category of short-term care, we strive to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. It doesn't appear that this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
We also awarded this nursing home a B- for our inspections rating. This is more impressive than its overall grade. We believe that one of the most critical factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially focus on the severity of those deficiencies. While this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple of minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Does this page answer your questions about Banning Healthcare?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's third highest category was its long-term care grade, where it was awarded a B-. In computing our long-term care ratings, we scrutinize the personal care received by the nursing home's residents. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Moving on to our fourth area, this nursing home was awarded an acceptable nursing score of B-. When calculating our nursing scores, we weigh both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home averages just 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident each day, which is a very low figure. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is usually a reliable indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Banning Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Banning Healthcare, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Banning Healthcare, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who experienced falls leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Banning Healthcare, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric can also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Banning Healthcare, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Banning Healthcare, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Banning Healthcare, 5.83% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Banning Healthcare, 95.65% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Banning Healthcare, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Banning Healthcare, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Banning Healthcare, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Banning Healthcare, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Hemet Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.73 miles away1117 East Devonshire Hemet California 92543Physician(951) 652-2811
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 15.76 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.15 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Redlands Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.39 miles away350 Terracina Blvd Redlands California 92373Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 335-5500
- Davita-Banning Dialysis0.39 miles away6090 W. Ramsey Street Banning California 92220CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 845-4494
- Fmc-Rai-East Sixth Street-Beaumont2.2 miles away1536 E. 6th Street Beaumont California 92223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 769-5072
- Davita-Diamond Valley Dialysis Center9.48 miles away1181 N. State St. San Jacinto California 92583CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (951) 487-6528
- Davita-Yucaipa Dialysis Center11.57 miles away33487 Yucaipa Blvd. Yucaipa California 92399CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (909) 797-6200
- Davita-Hemet13.64 miles away3050 W. Florida Avenue Hemet California 92545CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (951) 925-9723
- Fmc-Moreno Valley15.51 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196
- Davita-Valley View Dialysis16.01 miles away26900 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (951) 247-2844
- Davita-Vista Heights Dialysis Center17.79 miles away12220 Perris Blvd, Ste A Moreno Valley California 92557Dialysis Stations: 37 (951) 242-5112