Bancroft Healthcare Center is a small nursing home in San Leandro, California. With an B+ overall grade, we rated this facility in the top third of all nursing homes in the country. This nursing home truly has plenty going for it. This place is better in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Bancroft Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Bancroft Healthcare Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
In addition to being a great nursing home overall, it also earned A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were nearly flawless. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this category typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. This place was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
This facility received high grades in the area of nursing as well. In fact, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Bancroft Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, this nursing home also was awarded favorable short-term care scores this year. Indeed, we gave it one of our stronger scores in that area, with a grade of B+. In the area of short-term care, we try to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we rated is long-term care, in which this facility received a B-. This turned out to be this nursing home's weakest area. This is still not the end of the world. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. We weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for San Leandro, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? San Leandro, California has 7 other nursing homes
- San Leandro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.81 miles away13855 E 14th Street San Leandro California 94578Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 357-6500
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - San LeandroAcute Care Hospitals 1.76 miles away2500 Merced Street San Leandro California 94577Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 454-1000
- Alameda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.38 miles away2070 Clinton Avenue Alameda California 94501Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 522-3700
- Highland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away1411 East 31st Street Oakland California 94602Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 437-4800
- St Rose HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away27200 Calaroga Ave Hayward California 94545Voluntary non-profit - Church(510) 782-6200
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Oakland/RichmondAcute Care Hospitals 9.18 miles away275 West Macarthur Boulevard Oakland California 94611Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 752-1000
- Alta Bates Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.23 miles away350 Hawthorne Avenue Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 655-4000
- Children's Hospital & Research Center OaklandChildrens 10.26 miles away747 52nd Street Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 428-3000
- Satellite Dialysis San Leandro0.9 miles away801 Davis Street San Leandro California 94577CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (510) 352-4011
- Rai E. 14th1.12 miles away198 East 14th St San Leandro California 94577Dialysis Stations: 21 (510) 430-8311
- Rai Bancroft1.44 miles away6955 Foothill Blvd. Ste 220 Oakland California 94605Dialysis Stations: 26 (510) 553-1333
- San Leandro Marina Dialysis Center1.83 miles away2551 Merced St San Leandro California 94577CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 352-1207
- Satellite Dialysis West San Leandro1.84 miles away2401 Merced St Suite 110 San Leandro California 94577CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (510) 746-3900
- San Leandro Dialysis2.07 miles away15555 East 14th Street Suite 520 San Leandro California 94578CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 317-6510
- East Bay Peritoneal Dialysis2.29 miles away13939 E 14th Street Ste 110 San Leandro California 94578Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 614-1380
- Alameda County Dialysis Center4.02 miles away10700 Macarthur Blvd. Building 7 Oakland California 94605CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 568-5849