Monumental Post Acute Care At Woodside Park is in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, which turns out to have quite a few nursing homes. This nursing home received an overall grade of C, which is a solid score. This grade is not too far off the city grade for Philadelphia, which is a B-. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category was long-term care, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Monumental Post Acute Care At Woodside Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
It should also be noted that this place's long-term care score outpaced its overall grade. In fact, we gave it a B+ for its long-term care score, which is one of our higher scores. This helped its overall score. For prospective patients in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 61.403507 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is slightly less than we expected but still a reasonably acceptable figure. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, at least this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Inspections is another area where this nursing home excelled. We gave this nursing home an B+ for our inspections category. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Monumental Post Acute Care At Woodside Park?
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of C in this category. The nursing rating weighs several components, but the paramount one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This figure is significantly below average. Finally, while this nursing home got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of our quality-based metrics. With less than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed very well in this area.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is short-term care. We gave it a C in this area. This is a fair grade in this category. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Monumental Post Acute Care At Woodside Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Monumental Post Acute Care At Woodside Park, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Monumental Post Acute Care At Woodside Park, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents that have experienced a fall leading to major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Monumental Post Acute Care At Woodside Park, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Monumental Post Acute Care At Woodside Park, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients that were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Monumental Post Acute Care At Woodside Park, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Monumental Post Acute Care At Woodside Park, 3.12% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression may be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Monumental Post Acute Care At Woodside Park, 88.22% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Monumental Post Acute Care At Woodside Park, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Monumental Post Acute Care At Woodside Park, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
In Monumental Post Acute Care At Woodside Park, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Monumental Post Acute Care At Woodside Park, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Monumental Post Acute Care At Woodside Park, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Monumental Post Acute Care At Woodside Park, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Philadelphia, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has 48 other nursing homes
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.03 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Temple University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.08 miles away3401 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19140Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 707-2000
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaChildrens 3.67 miles away34th St & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 590-3745
- Hahnemann University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.85 miles away230 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19102Proprietary(215) 762-7000
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.35 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- Thomas Jefferson University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.39 miles away111 South 11th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 955-6000
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 4.5 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Northwest Philadelphia0.51 miles away4190 City Avenue, Suite 124 Rowland Hall Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19131Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 871-7774
- Davita Cedar Grove Dialysis1.51 miles away4952 Parkside Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19131Dialysis Stations: 25 (215) 871-0810
- Dci of Philadelphia1.64 miles away3300 Henry Avenue, 4th Floor Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19129CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (215) 848-3127
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Overbrook1.98 miles away5911 Lancaster Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19151CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (215) 452-0178
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Temple Dialysis Germantown2.09 miles away3401 Fox Street, Suite C Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19129CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (215) 221-3120
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Temple Dialysis Ontario2.09 miles away3401 Fox Street, Building 5 Suite A Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19129CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (215) 221-3160
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Cambria2.34 miles away2850 North 21st Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19132Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 227-6883
- Isd Renal Inc.2.38 miles away1236 N. 26th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19121Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 763-3974