With an address in Seattle, Washington, Bailey-Boushay House is on a list of 26 nursing homes located in the city. This facility received an A- overall, which is one of our best scores. We ranked this nursing home as one of the top 50 nursing homes in Washington. If you scroll down, you will see this place's category grades, which are also quite good.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall grade, we gave this nursing home an A+ for our inspection category. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this category generally have few of these severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
On the list of its many dominant scores, this facility was awarded a top-shelf long-term care score. In fact, it received a grade of A- in this area. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 94.91525 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly is often a life or death health condition for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility does not leave this to chance. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Bailey-Boushay House?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. There are quite a few datapoints included in this grade. Many of the datapoints are tied to the quantity of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we graded is short-term care. In that area, we gave this facility an impressive grade of B. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bailey-Boushay House Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bailey-Boushay House, 6.98% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bailey-Boushay House, 3.03% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term residents who had a fall resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bailey-Boushay House, 2.22% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bailey-Boushay House, 13.94% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bailey-Boushay House, 12.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bailey-Boushay House, 13.68% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bailey-Boushay House, 93.98% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bailey-Boushay House, 13.82% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bailey-Boushay House, 23.27% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bailey-Boushay House, 23.27 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Seattle, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Seattle, Washington has 25 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.72 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- Swedish Medical Center / Cherry HillAcute Care Hospitals 1.33 miles away500 17th Avenue Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Church(206) 320-2000
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.47 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Virginia Mason Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.7 miles away925 Seneca St Seattle Washington 98101Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 223-6600
- Harborview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.81 miles away325 9th Avenue Seattle Washington 98104Government - Local(206) 731-3000
- University of Washington Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 1.97 miles away1959 Ne Pacific St Box 356151 Seattle Washington 98195Government - State(206) 598-3300
- Seattle Children's HospitalChildrens 2.95 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne, PO Box C-5371 Seattle Washington 98105Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 987-2000
- Uw Medicine/Northwest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.47 miles away1550 North 115th Street Seattle Washington 98133Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 368-1700
- Olympic View Dialysis Center0.77 miles away125 16th Ave E, Csb-5 Seattle Washington 98112CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (206) 323-8900
- Nkc Elliott Bay Kidney Center1.2 miles away600 Broadway, Suite 240 Seattle Washington 98122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 292-2515
- Nkc Seattle Kidney Center1.32 miles away548 15th Ave Seattle Washington 98122Dialysis Stations: 38 (206) 720-3940
- Nkc Broadway Kidney Center1.49 miles away700 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (206) 292-2705
- Seattle Childrens Hospital Dialysis2.97 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne Oc.9.820 Seattle Washington 98105Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 987-3985
- Nkc Lake Washington Kidney Center4.93 miles away1474 112th Ave Ne, Suite 100 Bellevue Washington 98004Dialysis Stations: 18 (425) 454-0067
- Nkc Burien Kidney Center5 miles away12901 20th Ave South Seattle Washington 98168CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (206) 923-3562
- Nkc Scribner Kidney Center6.1 miles away2150 N 107th, Suite 160 Seattle Washington 98133CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (206) 363-5090