Azria Health Olathe is located in Olathe, Kansas, a city with a population of 130,216 people. With an overall rating of B+, this nursing home should work for most prospective residents. As far as we can see, this nursing home looks like a solid choice for most people. This nursing home also received impressive grades in all of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Azria Health Olathe
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall score, we gave this nursing home an A for the area of inspections. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This means that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Among this nursing home's other strengths is its high-end long-term care score. We awarded them one of our more favorable scores in that area, with a score of A-. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. Once we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 40.97938 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Azria Health Olathe?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. Our nursing score assesses the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of training of the nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with residents. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving a resident at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we rated was short-term care. We gave this nursing home one of our better grades in that area, with a B. This facility ended up being very solid across the board. Short-term care ratings are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a broad scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Azria Health Olathe Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Azria Health Olathe, 7.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Azria Health Olathe, 5.12% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Azria Health Olathe, 3.63% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indication of poor nursing care. However, this statistic could be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Azria Health Olathe, 16.93% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Azria Health Olathe, 22.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Azria Health Olathe, 5.92% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Azria Health Olathe, 91.42% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Azria Health Olathe, 16.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Azria Health Olathe, 21.25% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Azria Health Olathe, 1.62 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Azria Health Olathe, 21.25 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Azria Health Olathe, 10.63 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Azria Health Olathe, 74.59% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Olathe, KS
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Olathe, Kansas has 8 other nursing homes
- Olathe Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.92 miles away20333 West 151st Street Olathe Kansas 66061Voluntary non-profit - Private(913) 791-4200
- Overland Park Reg Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 7.04 miles away10500 Quivira Road Lenexa Kansas 66215Proprietary(913) 541-5000
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.52 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.51 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- Adventhealth Shawnee MissionAcute Care Hospitals 11.15 miles away9100 W 74th Street Overland Park Kansas 66204Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 676-2152
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.37 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.24 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Olathe Dialysis0.52 miles away732 W Frontier Lane Olathe Kansas 66061CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (913) 390-4937
- Davita Nottingham Dialysis3.95 miles away14010 W 134th Pl Olathe Kansas 66062Dialysis Stations: 12 (913) 764-0358
- Davita Overland Park Dialysis6.53 miles away12201 W 110th St Overland Park Kansas 66210Dialysis Stations: 16 (913) 451-5984
- Gardner Dialysis6.79 miles away328 E Main St Gardner Kansas 66030Dialysis Stations: 18 (913) 884-8488
- Fkc - Lenexa7.18 miles away13201 W 98th St Lenexa Kansas 66215Dialysis Stations: 13 (913) 492-4571
- Bio-Medical Applications of Leawood8.93 miles away6751 W 119th St Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 18 (913) 491-6341
- Lenexa Dialysis9.25 miles away8630 Halsey Lenexa Kansas 66215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (913) 894-1100
- Nall Dialysis9.45 miles away10787 Nall Ave #130 Leawood Kansas 66211Dialysis Stations: 15 (913) 649-2671