Avon Place is an average-sized facility in Avon, Ohio. Featuring an overall score of B, this nursing home is a very good option. In our view, this facility looks like a solid choice for quite a few people. The best part of this facility's impressive profile is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall score, we awarded this nursing home an A for our inspections rating. Our inspection grades are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility also was given favorable short-term care grades this year. Indeed, we awarded it one of our higher grades in that area, with a grade of B+. Our short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Avon Place?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. In calculating our nursing scores, we assess both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving residents more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth area, we gave this nursing home a grade of D in the area of long-term care. This was the facility's worst category rating. Sadly, this grade hurt the facility's overall grade to a certain degree. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 94.0239 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avon Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avon Place, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avon Place, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who had falls which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avon Place, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avon Place, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used to treat several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avon Place, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avon Place, 20.26% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many would argue this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avon Place, 90.12% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avon Place, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avon Place, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
In Avon Place, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avon Place, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avon Place, 12 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avon Place, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Avon, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Avon, Ohio has 3 other nursing homes
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.41 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.22 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.47 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Mercy Health-Lorain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.2 miles away3700 Kolbe Road Lorain Ohio 44053Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 960-4000
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.35 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 14.57 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.05 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Mercy Health-Allen HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.87 miles away200 West Lorain Street Oberlin Ohio 44074Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 775-1211
- Fmc - Westlake Dialysis Center3.88 miles away26024 Detroit Road Westlake Ohio 44145Dialysis Stations: 23 (440) 835-1139
- Center for Dialysis Care Westside Home Care LLC4.43 miles away24651 Center Ridge Rd Suite 450 Westlake Ohio 44145Dialysis Stations: 10 (440) 899-2808
- Fmc - Dialysis Specialists of Northeast Ohio5.89 miles away1070 Abbe Road North Elyria Ohio 44035Dialysis Stations: 21 (440) 365-8165
- Davita - Villa of Great Northern5.93 miles away22710 Fairview Center Dr., Ste 100 Cleveland Ohio 44126Dialysis Stations: 7 (440) 734-4630
- Davita - Center Ridge Dialysis6.23 miles away38630 Center Ridge Road North Ridgeville Ohio 44039Dialysis Stations: 14 (440) 327-2070
- Davita - Hilliard Dialysis7.61 miles away19133 Hilliard Blvd Rocky River Ohio 44116CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (216) 712-4700
- Fmc - Heritage Dialysis7.95 miles away1160 East Broad St. Elyria Ohio 44035CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 365-1811
- Center for Dialysis Care Middleburg Heights8.51 miles away6749 Eastland Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 234-3916