Dwellside Care & Rehab is a large facility in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of D. A score of this caliber generally suggests a few concerning datapoints. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Cherry Hill. The city has just one other nursing home. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's report card, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category grades. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Dwellside Care & Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Cherry Hill senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this facility's overall grade, it received a very impressive inspection report this year. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in that category with an A-. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid facilities with a list of deficiencies flagged. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an imminent threat to resident safety or health. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's long-term care score appears to be one of its more favorable grades. The nursing home was given a grade of B- in this category. For residents seeking a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. After considering the volume of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this facility vaccinated just 87.15084 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Nevertheless, this facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Dwellside Care & Rehab?
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating. When computing a nursing home's nursing grade, we look at the number of hours nurses are caring for residents as well as the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our final area, this nursing home really did not perform well in this category either. Due to a very poor grade of F in short-term care, this is really as as uninspiring as it gets. Our short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this place provides substantially less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average nursing home. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor statistics doomed this facility's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dwellside Care & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dwellside Care & Rehab, 4.51% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that are suffering from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dwellside Care & Rehab, 0.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents that experienced a fall resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dwellside Care & Rehab, 0.93% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents who have suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be a sign of lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint can be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dwellside Care & Rehab, 10.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for many medical conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dwellside Care & Rehab, 9.62% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients which were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dwellside Care & Rehab, 38.53% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating signs of depression. Some argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dwellside Care & Rehab, 92.97% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dwellside Care & Rehab, 18.27% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dwellside Care & Rehab, 17.56% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Dwellside Care & Rehab, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dwellside Care & Rehab, 17.56% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dwellside Care & Rehab, 13.62% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dwellside Care & Rehab, 72.02% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.9 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Weisman Childrens Rehabilitation HospitalChildrens 5.35 miles away92 Brick Road, 3rd Floor Marlton New Jersey 08053Proprietary(856) 489-4520
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Jefferson Stratford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.8 miles away18 East Laurel Road Stratford New Jersey 08084Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 346-7802
- Virtua West Jersey Hospitals VoorheesAcute Care Hospitals 6.96 miles away100 Bowman Drive Voorhees New Jersey 08043Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 247-3000
- Pennsylvania HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away800 Spruce Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 829-3000
- Thomas Jefferson University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.34 miles away111 South 11th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 955-6000
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 8.52 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Davita Cherry Hill Dialysis0.21 miles away1030 N Kings Hwy Suite 100 Cherry Hill New Jersey 08034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 321-0111
- Davita Lourdes Dialysis at Innova Inc1.45 miles away3716 Church Road Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 222-0386
- Fmc Silver Dialysis1.69 miles awayDialysis Unit 1417 Brace Rd Suite B Cherry Hill New Jersey 08034Dialysis Stations: 35 (856) 216-8463
- Davita Lourdes Mt Laurel Dialysis2.79 miles away130 Gaither Drive Ste. 172 Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054Dialysis Stations: 20 (856) 222-4195
- Davita Merchantville Dialysis3.56 miles away5000 N Crescent Blvd Suite 1a Merchantville New Jersey 08109Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 910-8798
- Davita Pennsauken Dialysis Center3.91 miles away7024 Kaighns Ave Merchantville New Jersey 08109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (856) 486-1145
- Usrc Marlton4.83 miles away9 Eves Drive Suite 170 Marlton New Jersey 08053Dialysis Stations: 10 (856) 355-8996
- Davita Lourdes Camden Dialysis4.93 miles away1601 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (856) 541-0647