Aviara Healthcare Center is in Encinitas, California, a city with a population of 49,121 people. Sporting an overall score of B-, this is a respectable facility. Based on our assessment, there are certainly much worse facilities out there. You also may want to review this facility's category grades below. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Aviara Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Encinitas senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Blood Administration
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this facility one of our better scores in short-term care, where it received a grade of A. This is notably better than the facility's overall score, which was certainly not elite. With our short-term care assessment, we strive to create a fair gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. We weren't able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The last metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
We also want to emphasize this facility's nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of B+ in this area. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Aviara Healthcare Center?
One of this facility's better category grades was in the area of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B-. In calculating a nursing home's nursing rating, we assess the number of hours nurses are seeing residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Lastly, we also assessed several nursing quality measures. While this place got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in a few of these quality measures. With less than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this metric. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving a patient even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed was long-term care. We gave it a grade of C in that area. This is a fair grade in this area. Long-term care scores are essential for residents requiring personal care. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 99.61089 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. This place keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aviara Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aviara Healthcare Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care residents which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aviara Healthcare Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aviara Healthcare Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aviara Healthcare Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aviara Healthcare Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aviara Healthcare Center, 5.83% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aviara Healthcare Center, 95.65% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aviara Healthcare Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aviara Healthcare Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility. Some experts believe that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental health.
In Aviara Healthcare Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aviara Healthcare Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aviara Healthcare Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aviara Healthcare Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Scripps Memorial Hospital - EncinitasAcute Care Hospitals 0.32 miles away354 Santa Fe Drive Encinitas California 92024Voluntary non-profit - Private(760) 753-6501
- Tri-City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.93 miles away4002 Vista Way Oceanside California 92056Government - Hospital District or Authority(760) 724-8411
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La JollaAcute Care Hospitals 11.29 miles away9888 Genesee Avenue La Jolla California 92037Physician(858) 626-4123
- Palomar Health Downtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 13.16 miles away555 East Valley Parkway Escondido California 92025Government - Hospital District or Authority(760) 739-3000
- Pomerado HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.39 miles away15615 Pomerado Road Poway California 92064Government - Hospital District or Authority(858) 485-6511
- Nh Camp PendletonAcute Care - Department of Defense 14.13 miles away200 Mercy Circle Camp Pendleton Camp Pendleton California 92055Department of Defense(760) 725-1288
- Sharp Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.31 miles away7901 Frost St San Diego California 92123Voluntary non-profit - Private(858) 939-3400
- Davita-Encinitas Dialysis0.24 miles away332 Santa Fe Drive, Suite 100 Encinitas California 92024CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (760) 632-2323
- Fmc-La Jolla9.2 miles away4765 Carmel Mountain Road, Suite 100 San Diego California 92130Dialysis Stations: 24 (858) 793-0058
- Fmc-North Coast Kidney Center9.97 miles away3300 Vista Way, Suite A Oceanside California 92056CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (760) 721-4344
- u.s. Renal Care Oceanside Dialysis10.48 miles away2227- B El Camino Real Oceanside California 92054CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 757-1838
- Fmc-Buena Creek10.57 miles away950 Hacienda Drive Vista California 92081CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (760) 631-7900
- Fmc-Rancho11.17 miles away11031 via Frontera, Suite C San Diego California 92127CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (858) 385-0700
- Davita-Carmel Mountain Dialysis11.22 miles away9850 Carmel Mountain Road, a-D San Diego California 92129CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (858) 538-1083
- Davita-San Marcos Dialysis Center11.25 miles away2135 Montiel Road, Bldg. B San Marcos California 92069CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (760) 975-0170