Avenue at Broadview Heights is an average-sized nursing home located in Broadview Heights, Ohio. This facility was awarded an overall grade of C, which is a solid grade. As far as we can see, this place should be a solid choice for most people. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's profile is its exemplary inspection rating, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Avenue at Broadview Heights
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Broadview Heights senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Broadview Heights, Ohio Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this place also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies an immediate threat to resident health or safety. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
One of this facility's better category grades was in the category of long-term care. This turned out to be its second most respectable category. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a C. In a long-term care setting, the primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 95.95376 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is better than most nursing homes. This facility also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Avenue at Broadview Heights?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of C, which is a decent grade. Our nursing rating analyzes the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of skill of the nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it scored well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's weakest category was short-term care, which is the last category we analyzed. We gave it an F for this category. In spite of some respectable grades in other areas, this grade is still of a concern so we felt obligated to make a note of it. In calculating our short-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This score is frequently a solid assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. With a grade this poor in this area, we weren't surprised to learn this place was well below average in two of the key staffing areas we looked at. The facility supplied substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. This wasn't a strength for this facility. We found that just 4.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, about half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avenue at Broadview Heights Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avenue at Broadview Heights, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avenue at Broadview Heights, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avenue at Broadview Heights, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avenue at Broadview Heights, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term care patients that were given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avenue at Broadview Heights, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are typically given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avenue at Broadview Heights, 21.39% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avenue at Broadview Heights, 88.91% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avenue at Broadview Heights, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avenue at Broadview Heights, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term residents who retained mobility levels. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avenue at Broadview Heights, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avenue at Broadview Heights, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avenue at Broadview Heights, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.77 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.3 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 10.83 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.08 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.59 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.17 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Medina HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.05 miles away1000 East Washington Street Medina Ohio 44256Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 725-1000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 14.13 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Davita - Parma Dialysis6.01 miles away6735 Ames Road Cleveland Ohio 44129Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 743-0690
- Davita Rockside Dialysis6.24 miles away4801 Acorn Drive Independence Ohio 44131Dialysis Stations: 14 (216) 525-0990
- Fmc - Brunswick Dialysis Center6.65 miles away2583-2585 Center Road Hinckley Ohio 44233Dialysis Stations: 19 (330) 220-4366
- Davita - Parma Heights Dialysis6.88 miles away9050 North Church Drive Cleveland Ohio 44130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 842-0895
- Davita Dialysis - Strongsville7.81 miles away17792 Pearl Rd. Strongsville Ohio 44136CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 238-9270
- Nxstage Cleveland, LLC7.96 miles away1418 Town Center Blvd a-30 Brunswick Ohio 44212Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 558-8744
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.7.99 miles away5595 Transportation Blvd., Suite 110 Cleveland Ohio 44125CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 581-0801
- Davita - Middleburg Heights Dialysis8.22 miles away7360 Engle Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 24 (440) 891-5645