Ave Maria Home is just one of 21 facilities in Memphis, Tennessee. This facility received a quality overall rating of A-. This proved to be far superior to most of the nursing homes in Memphis. Based on our ratings, you can't go wrong with this place. This facility also received phenomenal ratings in all four of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Ave Maria Home
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall score, this nursing home also received an A+ inspection grade. This grade is based on the facility's recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the highest complements we can offer a nursing home. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was elite in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A-. Not many nursing homes performed better in this category. Short-term care ratings are critical for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. We weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Ave Maria Home?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the next area, this facility also received a score of B+ for its long-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this area. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 98.1685 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In our last area, this nursing home also was awarded an excellent nursing score, with a B+. This topped off a first-rate profile. There are a variety of data points included in this category. Most of the subcategories relate to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ave Maria Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ave Maria Home, 9.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ave Maria Home, 3.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ave Maria Home, 3.28% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. More frequent bathing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ave Maria Home, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents that were given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ave Maria Home, 29.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients that are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ave Maria Home, 8.67% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting signs of depression. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ave Maria Home, 89.63% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ave Maria Home, 16.71% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ave Maria Home, 26.22% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Ave Maria Home, 1.21 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ave Maria Home, 26.22 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ave Maria Home, 11.37 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ave Maria Home, 72.9% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Memphis, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Memphis, Tennessee has 20 other nursing homes
- Saint Francis Bartlett Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.45 miles away2986 Kate Bond Rd Memphis Tennessee 38133Proprietary(901) 820-7050
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.98 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.52 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 10.86 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 11.28 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 11.34 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- Crestwyn Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 12.28 miles away9485 Crestwyn Hills Cove Memphis Tennessee 38125Proprietary(901) 457-5667
- Isd Bartlett LLC2.81 miles away2920 Covington Pike Memphis Tennessee 38128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (901) 248-6020
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee, Inc2.9 miles away5020 English Towne Dr Memphis Tennessee 38128Dialysis Stations: 19 (901) 266-1551
- Fmc Bartlett3.28 miles away3348 N Germantown Rd Memphis Tennessee 38133Dialysis Stations: 16 (901) 379-2447
- Fmc North Memphis3.65 miles away3850 Austin Peay Hwy Suite 10 Memphis Tennessee 38128CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (901) 388-1749
- Davita Singelton Farms Dialysis3.68 miles away4031 Austin Peay Hwy Memphis Tennessee 38128Dialysis Stations: 17 (901) 379-0491
- Renal Care of Memphis North3.72 miles away4913 Raleigh Commons Drive, Suite 100 Memphis Tennessee 38128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (901) 937-0650
- u.s. Renal Care Galleria Dialysis3.89 miles away8592 Ricky Bell Cove Memphis Tennessee 38133Dialysis Stations: 20 (901) 380-5755
- Davita Wolf River Dialysis4.84 miles away7990 Trinity Road Suite 101 Cordova Tennessee 38018Dialysis Stations: 12 (901) 751-3120