Elevate Care - North Branch is a very-large facility in Niles, Illinois. It looks like this facility is a subpar facility. A grade of this caliber suggests we found a few red flags. This isn't the worse nursing home we graded, but we'd still be very reluctant to recommend it. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss short-term care in the next paragraph.
Elevate Care - North Branch
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Even though we didn't rate this nursing home favorably overall, we want to draw your attention to its relatively favorable short-term care score. We awarded it a respectable grade of B in this area, which was much better than its overall grade. In calculating these short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Shockingly, this facility actually earned a good grade in the area of inspections as well. In fact, we gave it a B for that category, which is one of our better scores. Few nursing homes that were this poor overall received multiple category grades of this caliber. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite insignificant. This nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to resident health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Elevate Care - North Branch?
We awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of nursing as well, with a grade of C. There are a host of datapoints included in this area. Most of the subcategories relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This place averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day, which is well below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It scored well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is long-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F for this area, which is a poor score. Facilities that don't fare well in long-term care often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in some of the areas of routine personal care we assessed. After considering the amount of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this facility vaccinated a relatively low 87.64846 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Elevate Care - North Branch Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who had a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 29.8% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some experts believe this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 87.49% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Niles, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Niles, Illinois has 5 other nursing homes
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.85 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.22 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.84 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.79 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 6.99 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.57 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis1.48 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Davita - Norwood Park Dialysis1.52 miles away7435 W Talcott Ave - Outpatient Dialysis Chicago Illinois 60631Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 990-7620
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC2.85 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Fmc - Niles3.19 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis3.76 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Norridge3.86 miles away4701 North Cumberland Avenue, Ste 15/18a Harwood Heights Illinois 60706CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 456-0152
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center5.07 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006
- Davita Irving Park Dialysis5.07 miles away4323 N Pulaski Road Chicago Illinois 60641Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 279-8714