Elevate Care - North Branch is a very-large facility in Niles, Illinois. With a rock bottom overall grade of F, this facility isn't high on our list. This place is about as bad as it gets. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Elevate Care - North Branch
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a B- for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively minor. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
As it turns out, this facility only earned a D for its short-term care grade, which happens to be one of its more favorable category scores. In crafting our short-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to formulate a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Elevate Care - North Branch?
We were surprised to find that this facility also excelled in the area of nursing. We gave it an D for that category, which is one of our best grades. The nursing category assesses several datapoints, many of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This place fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at was long-term care. We gave it an abysmal F for this category, which is a poor grade. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category likely don't provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other nursing homes offer. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated 86.45598 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which happens to be quite a bit below the national average. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Elevate Care - North Branch Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 30.45% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 87.4% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence. Some argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility. Many argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Elevate Care - North Branch, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Niles, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Niles, Illinois has 5 other nursing homes
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.85 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.22 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.84 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.79 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 6.99 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.57 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis1.48 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Davita - Norwood Park Dialysis1.52 miles away7435 W Talcott Ave - Outpatient Dialysis Chicago Illinois 60631Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 990-7620
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC2.85 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Fmc - Niles3.19 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis3.76 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Norridge3.86 miles away4701 North Cumberland Avenue, Ste 15/18a Harwood Heights Illinois 60706CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 456-0152
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center5.07 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006
- Davita Irving Park Dialysis5.07 miles away4323 N Pulaski Road Chicago Illinois 60641Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 279-8714