Avante Villa at Jacksonville Beach is a nursing home located in Jacksonville Beach, Florida, which has a total of 25,356 people. This facility was given an A- overall, which is one of the best scores that we offer. A score in this range requires top-notch marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top third of all facilities in the United States. Scroll down to see this facility's category grades, which are also strong. It would be hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Avante Villa at Jacksonville Beach
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Jacksonville Beach senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place ended up being a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is just about as good as it gets in this very important area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite insignificant. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a impressive long-term care grade. In fact, this is this facility's second strongest category grade. In that category, we gave this facility a score of A. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are well cared for. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Avante Villa at Jacksonville Beach?
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home also was given favorable short-term care scores this year. Indeed, we gave them one of our higher scores in that area, with a score of B. In determining our short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is often a solid measure of a facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
The next area we looked at was nursing. We awarded this nursing home one of our higher scores in this category, with a grade of B. Even though this is not as dominant as many of this nursing home's other grades, it is still a positive grade. Nursing ratings are tied to quality and quantity of nursing care. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avante Villa at Jacksonville Beach Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avante Villa at Jacksonville Beach, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avante Villa at Jacksonville Beach, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avante Villa at Jacksonville Beach, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avante Villa at Jacksonville Beach, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avante Villa at Jacksonville Beach, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avante Villa at Jacksonville Beach, 2.53% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avante Villa at Jacksonville Beach, 95.81% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avante Villa at Jacksonville Beach, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avante Villa at Jacksonville Beach, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Avante Villa at Jacksonville Beach, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avante Villa at Jacksonville Beach, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avante Villa at Jacksonville Beach, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avante Villa at Jacksonville Beach, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Baptist Medical Center - BeachesAcute Care Hospitals 0.28 miles away1350 13th Ave S Jacksonville Beach Florida 32250Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 247-2900
- Mayo ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 2.22 miles away4500 San Pablo Rd Jacksonville Florida 32224Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 953-2000
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 11.04 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 12.04 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 15.89 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 16.4 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 17.32 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 17.56 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Jacksonville Beach Dialysis1.6 miles away1711 5th Street South Jacksonville Beach Florida 32250Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 247-9974
- Beach Boulevard Dialysis2.24 miles away14444 Beach Blvd #B Jacksonville Beach Florida 32250Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 992-9254
- Mayo Clinic Outpatient Dialysis3.64 miles away5658 Worrall Way Jacksonville Florida 32224Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 956-2020
- Bma - Saint Johns7.54 miles away3132 Saint Johns Bluff Rd S Jacksonville Florida 32246Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 641-0806
- Fresenius Kidney Care Regency Dialysis8.61 miles away1211 St Johns Bluff Rd North Jacksonville Florida 32225Dialysis Stations: 13 (904) 565-9100
- Regency Dialysis Center9.56 miles away9535 Regency Square Blvd Jacksonville Florida 32225CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 725-0526
- Kidney Kare of Jacksonville, Inc11.15 miles away4168 Southpoint Parkway Suite 103 Jacksonville Florida 32216Dialysis Stations: 8 (904) 332-8004
- Dialysis Clinic Inc of Southpoint11.26 miles away11705 San Jose Blvd Suite 100 Jacksonville Florida 32223CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 296-6362