Avante Rehabilitation Center is located in Irving, Texas. This nursing home was given an overall grade of B+, which is a strong grade. In fact, we thought highly enough of this nursing home to rate it ahead of most of the facilities in Irving, which has a decent selection of facilities. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which we will address in the next section.
Avante Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Inspection scores account for several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area generally have very few severe deficiencies. This facility received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility performed well in the area of long-term care. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our best scores. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 98.95288 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Avante Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed was short-term care. This facility was given an above average short-term care grade, with a B+ in the category. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
The next category we looked at was nursing. We gave this facility an acceptable grade in that category, with a B-. While this wasn't as dominant as some of its other grades, it is nevertheless not a bad grade. When calculating our nursing scores, we assess both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This figure is far below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it scored well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avante Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avante Rehabilitation Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avante Rehabilitation Center, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents which suffered a fall resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avante Rehabilitation Center, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care residents that experienced a urinary tract infection. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avante Rehabilitation Center, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avante Rehabilitation Center, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avante Rehabilitation Center, 4.81% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression could imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avante Rehabilitation Center, 94.64% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avante Rehabilitation Center, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avante Rehabilitation Center, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Avante Rehabilitation Center, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avante Rehabilitation Center, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avante Rehabilitation Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avante Rehabilitation Center, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Irving, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Irving, Texas has 5 other nursing homes
- Baylor Medical Center at IrvingAcute Care Hospitals 1.4 miles away1901 N Macarthur Blvd Irving Texas 75061Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 579-8100
- Pine Creek Medical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 5.18 miles away9032 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas Texas 75235Proprietary(214) 231-2273
- Medical City Las ColinasAcute Care Hospitals 5.94 miles away6800 N Macarthur Blvd Irving Texas 75039Proprietary(972) 969-2000
- Baylor Surgical Hospital at Las ColinasAcute Care Hospitals 6.63 miles away400 West Interstate 635 Suite 101 Irving Texas 75063Proprietary(972) 868-4000
- Parkland Health and Hospital SystemAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away5200 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas Texas 75235Government - Hospital District or Authority(214) 590-8000
- Childrens Medical Ctr of DallasChildrens 6.78 miles away1935 Medical District Drive Dallas Texas 75235Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-7000
- Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.23 miles away7 Medical Parkway Dallas Texas 75234Proprietary(972) 247-1000
- Methodist Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.42 miles away1441 North Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 947-2879
- Ut Southwestern - Dallas Dialysis1.49 miles away204 East Airport Freeway Irving Texas 75062CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (972) 438-7375
- Liberty Dialysis Irving1.61 miles away1111 W Airport Freeway Suite 101 Irving Texas 75062Dialysis Stations: 25 (972) 746-4747
- Fresenius Medical Care Irving1.76 miles away1625 North Story Road Suite 140 Irving Texas 75061CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (972) 871-8282
- Irving Regional Dialysis Center LLC2.27 miles away2535 West Airport Fwy Irving Texas 75062Dialysis Stations: 24 (972) 252-1656
- Dialysis Care of Grand Prairie4.49 miles away402 N Carrier Parkway Suite 102 Grand Prairie Texas 75050Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 264-2660
- Fmc Dialysis Services Southwestern4.8 miles away8700 N Stemmons Fwy Ste 135 Dallas Texas 75247Dialysis Stations: 5 (214) 951-7714
- Brookriver Dialysis4.93 miles away8101 Brookriver Drive Dallas Texas 75247CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 951-7789
- Fresenius Medical Care Grand Prairie6.11 miles away825 Dalworth Street Grand Prairie Texas 75050CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (972) 266-3891