Avante at Lake Worth is a large nursing home located in Lake Worth, Florida. We awarded this facility an overall grade of D. A grade in this range typically indicates a few red flags. Lake Worth received a city grade of A-, so there are other options in the city worth looking at. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category grades. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Avante at Lake Worth
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Lake Worth senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not very complementary of this nursing home's overall score, it actually received a very impressive inspection report this year. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in that category with an A-. Inspection scores are based on many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these inspections. You should especially avoid facilities with severe deficiencies associated with endangerment of patients. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of D. Our nursing rating consists of several components, however, the primary consideration is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility averaged just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This place fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Avante at Lake Worth?
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our long-term care rating. This is well below average in this category. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care may not provide the type of consistent around the clock care that some other facilities provide. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Candidly, we were a bit concerned this facility administered the vaccine to a relatively low 90.46154 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we scored is short-term care, in which this nursing home was given a bottom of the barrel score in this area as well. Sadly, it received an F in this category, which is obviously a major concern. Our short-term care scores are important for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Based on its poor rating in this category, we were not surprised to find this facility provided substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The final item we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 3.6 percent of its patients returning home. This was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avante at Lake Worth Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avante at Lake Worth, 24.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avante at Lake Worth, 2.77% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents that have suffered falls which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avante at Lake Worth, 1.03% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents who sustained urinary tract infections. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avante at Lake Worth, 11.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for treating several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avante at Lake Worth, 14.38% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avante at Lake Worth, 3.01% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. High levels of depression could be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avante at Lake Worth, 88.17% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avante at Lake Worth, 11.71% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avante at Lake Worth, 7.93% of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Avante at Lake Worth, 0.04 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avante at Lake Worth, 7.93% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avante at Lake Worth, 6.24% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avante at Lake Worth, 85.27% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Lake Worth, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Lake Worth, Florida has 3 other nursing homes
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.56 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 7.53 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.54 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.77 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 9.58 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.86 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.87 miles away3360 Burns Rd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410Proprietary(561) 622-1411
- Lake Worth Dialysis1.51 miles away2459 S Congress Ave #100 West Palm Beach Florida 33406Dialysis Stations: 25 (561) 439-1532
- Fmc - Lake Clarke Shores Dialysis Center1.68 miles away3047 Forest Hill Blvd West Palm Beach Florida 33406Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 641-9611
- Palm Springs Dialysis Center, LLC3 miles away1890 S Military Trail West Palm Beach Florida 33415Dialysis Stations: 17 (561) 966-9448
- Fmc - Atlantis4.33 miles away5503 South Congress Ave Suite 101 Lake Worth Florida 33462Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 967-0633
- Greenacres Dialysis Center4.74 miles away5702 Lake Worth Road #1 Lake Worth Florida 33463Dialysis Stations: 12 (561) 357-9547
- Renal Care Partners of West Palm Beach4.79 miles away300 Executive Center Drive #101 West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 932-1981
- Pure Life Renal of West Palm Beach, LLC5.02 miles away1522 N Dixie Hwy West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 833-5355
- Dialysis Assoc of the Palm Beaches6.46 miles away2611 Poinsettia Ave West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 833-0759