Avante at Lake Worth is a large nursing home located in Lake Worth, Florida. We awarded this facility an overall grade of D. A grade in this range typically indicates a few red flags. Lake Worth received a city grade of B+, so there are other options in the city worth looking at. The best thing we can really say about this nursing home is that it didn't receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Avante at Lake Worth
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2501 N a St,
Lake Worth FL 33460
68.47% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
While this place's overall grade was not a highlight, it did receive a very good grade in the category of inspections. We awarded it a grade of B+ for that category, which is one of our better grades. Our inspection ratings weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid facilities with too many deficiencies flagged. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of C for that category, which is not a bad score. Our nursing grade is based on many subcategories, however, the paramount consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This place averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis, which is well below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it scored well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Does this page answer your questions about Avante at Lake Worth?
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home a grade of just D for our long-term care score. This is not an impressive grade. In a long-term care setting, the primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 95.77922 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was short-term care, ended up being this nursing home's weakest category. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in that category. In computing our short-term care grades, we assess a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This category is considered to be a fair measure of the facility's rehabilitation. Considering its weak score in this area, we were not stunned to find that this nursing home offered far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most facilities. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avante at Lake Worth Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avante at Lake Worth, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term care patients which are suffering from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avante at Lake Worth, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avante at Lake Worth, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avante at Lake Worth, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avante at Lake Worth, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avante at Lake Worth, 2.33% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avante at Lake Worth, 94.94% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avante at Lake Worth, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avante at Lake Worth, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Avante at Lake Worth, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avante at Lake Worth, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avante at Lake Worth, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avante at Lake Worth, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Lake Worth, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Lake Worth, Florida has 8 other nursing homes
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.56 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 7.53 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.54 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.77 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 9.58 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.86 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.87 miles away3360 Burns Rd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410Proprietary(561) 622-1411
- Lake Worth Dialysis1.51 miles away2459 S Congress Ave #100 West Palm Beach Florida 33406Dialysis Stations: 25 (561) 439-1532
- Fmc - Lake Clarke Shores Dialysis Center1.68 miles away3047 Forest Hill Blvd West Palm Beach Florida 33406Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 641-9611
- Palm Springs Dialysis Center, LLC3 miles away1890 S Military Trail West Palm Beach Florida 33415Dialysis Stations: 17 (561) 966-9448
- Fmc - Atlantis4.33 miles away5503 South Congress Ave Suite 101 Lake Worth Florida 33462Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 967-0633
- Greenacres Dialysis Center4.74 miles away5702 Lake Worth Road #1 Lake Worth Florida 33463Dialysis Stations: 12 (561) 357-9547
- Renal Care Partners of West Palm Beach4.79 miles away300 Executive Center Drive #101 West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 932-1981
- Pure Life Renal of West Palm Beach, LLC5.02 miles away1522 N Dixie Hwy West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 833-5355
- Dialysis Assoc of the Palm Beaches6.46 miles away2611 Poinsettia Ave West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 833-0759