Avante at Boca Raton is located in Boca Raton, Florida, a city with a total of 210,202 people. This facility was given an overall grade of B+, which is very good grade. Even with Boca Raton featuring 11 nursing homes to choose from, this one stands out as a superb choice. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its nursing grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Avante at Boca Raton
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned a strong overall grade as discussed above, but we especially wanted to emphasize its excellent nursing score. We gave them a grade of A in this category. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Florida in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of moving a patient even once per day.
We also want to emphasize this facility's nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded them an B+ in this category. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Avante at Boca Raton?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this nursing home, we awarded them one of our more favorable grades in our short-term care category as well, with a grade of B+. Our short-term care scores are probably more critical for residents in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally mandates higher levels of skilled nursing. This includes not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 3.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is long-term care, in which we gave it a strong grade of B. This nursing home really didn't have any weak links. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is too frequently a life or death health condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility doesn't leave this to chance. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avante at Boca Raton Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avante at Boca Raton, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avante at Boca Raton, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients that suffered a fall which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avante at Boca Raton, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avante at Boca Raton, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avante at Boca Raton, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avante at Boca Raton, 2.43% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avante at Boca Raton, 94.61% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avante at Boca Raton, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avante at Boca Raton, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Avante at Boca Raton, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avante at Boca Raton, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avante at Boca Raton, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avante at Boca Raton, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Boca Raton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Boca Raton, Florida has 10 other nursing homes
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.5 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.28 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.13 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.19 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 10.08 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 11.36 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.24 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Pinnacle Dialysis of Boca Raton1.17 miles away2900 N Military Trail Suite 195 Boca Raton Florida 33431CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 241-6667
- Crown Dialysis Center of Palm Beach LLC2.45 miles away4701 N Federal Highway Boca Raton Florida 33431Dialysis Stations: 8 (561) 372-3700
- Lighthouse Point Dialysis3.31 miles away200 Sw Natura Ave Deerfield Beach Florida 33441CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 426-3350
- Deerfield Beach Dialysis3.4 miles away1983 W Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield Beach Florida 33442Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 426-3350
- Boca/Delray Renal Associates Inc3.76 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 306 Boca Raton Florida 33496Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 988-7100
- Ara - Boca Raton Dialysis LLC3.76 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 211 Boca Raton Florida 33496CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 893-6878
- Dialyze Direct Fl4.08 miles away1601 Clint Moore Ave #160 Boca Raton Florida 33487Dialysis Stations: 1 (561) 609-3100
- Delray Beach Dialysis Center LLC5.21 miles away5130 Linton Blvd Suite g4 Delray Beach Florida 33484Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 498-5959