Avantara Park Ridge is in Park Ridge, Illinois. The city has a total of 37,475 people. Featuring an overall rating of B, this nursing home is a quality option. This place truly has plenty working in its favor. Fortunately, this nursing home didn't have any poor grades in any of the major categories discussed below. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Avantara Park Ridge
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Park Ridge senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received a very impressive short-term care score. In fact, short-term care turned out to be its best category. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A-. In our short-term care category, we attempt to forge a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of B+. Few nursing homes performed as well in this area. Our inspection grades are tied to many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent government inspections. Facilities that excel in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Avantara Park Ridge?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. The nursing score weighs numerous factors. The most important variable is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning a patient at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
Our next category is long-term care, where we awarded this facility a B- in this category. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avantara Park Ridge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avantara Park Ridge, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avantara Park Ridge, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avantara Park Ridge, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avantara Park Ridge, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avantara Park Ridge, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avantara Park Ridge, 31.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avantara Park Ridge, 87.05% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avantara Park Ridge, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avantara Park Ridge, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry argue that mobility is critical to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Avantara Park Ridge, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avantara Park Ridge, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avantara Park Ridge, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avantara Park Ridge, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.24 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.74 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.42 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 7.82 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.25 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 8.54 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.62 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Fmc - Niles1.08 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center2.34 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006
- Fmc - Des Plaines2.83 miles away1625 Oakton Pl Des Plaines Illinois 60018Dialysis Stations: 13 (847) 795-0014
- Davita - Norwood Park Dialysis3.51 miles away7435 W Talcott Ave - Outpatient Dialysis Chicago Illinois 60631Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 990-7620
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis4.31 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Glen Dialysis4.42 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis4.62 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Norridge5.01 miles away4701 North Cumberland Avenue, Ste 15/18a Harwood Heights Illinois 60706CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 456-0152