The Suites Parker is a facility located in Parker, Colorado, a city with a total of 84,861 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of D in our grading scheme. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Parker. The city has just one other nursing home. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's profile, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category scores. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Suites Parker
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Parker senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although this facility's overall score was not a highlight, it actually received a very good grade in the area of inspections. In fact, we gave it a B for that area, which is one of our better scores. Inspection scores are tied to several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these inspections. You should especially avoid facilities that have severe deficiencies associated with risks to resident well being. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Not having any deficiencies proved to be this facility's greatest strength.
Short-term Care Quality
The second highest area we awarded this nursing home in any category came in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a B-. Short-term care ratings are critical for residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional highly-skilled nursing. This means a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The tricky part is determining what effect this had on the quality of care. The last statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Suites Parker?
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of C for that category, which is not a bad score. Our nursing grade focuses on the facility's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of training of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is well below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. It performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next area, this nursing home didn't perform very well in this area either. With a rock bottom grade of F in long-term care, this is about as bad as it gets. Nursing homes that do not fare well in long-term care often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Unfortunately, this facility vaccinated a relatively low 90.17857 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Suites Parker Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Suites Parker, 5.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Suites Parker, 3.72% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Suites Parker, 2.04% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely the result of facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better nursing care can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Suites Parker, 17.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Suites Parker, 12.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Suites Parker, 3.91% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents showing symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Suites Parker, 84.62% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Suites Parker, 15.34% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Some believe this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Suites Parker, 16.01% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that maintained mobility.
In The Suites Parker, 1.17 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Suites Parker, 16.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Suites Parker, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Suites Parker, 76.2% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Parker Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.38 miles away9395 Crown Crest Blvd Parker Colorado 80138Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 269-4000
- Sky Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away10101 Ridgegate Parkway Lone Tree Colorado 80124Voluntary non-profit - Other(720) 225-1000
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 10.28 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Castle Rock Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.87 miles away2350 Meadows Blvd Castle Rock Colorado 80109Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 455-2500
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.55 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Children's Hospital ColoradoChildrens 13.78 miles away13123 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 777-1234
- University of Colorado Hospital AuthorityAcute Care Hospitals 13.86 miles away12605 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Government - Hospital District or Authority(720) 848-0000
- Parker Dialysis (Dva)1.23 miles away10371 S Park Glenn Way Ste 180 Parker Colorado 80138Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 840-0541
- Parker Kidney Center (Ara)1.42 miles away18320 E Cottonwood Dr Ste C Parker Colorado 80138Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 805-2060
- Lonetree Dialysis (Dva)5.39 miles away9777 Pyramid Ct Ste 140 Englewood Colorado 80112Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 662-0466
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)9.13 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Aurora Dialysis (Dva)10.42 miles away1411 S Potomac St Ste 100 Aurora Colorado 80012CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 368-1911
- Red Hawk Dialysis (Dva)10.87 miles away4348 Woodland Blvd Ste 131 Castle Rock Colorado 80104Dialysis Stations: 8 (303) 663-2875
- East Aurora Dialysis (Dva)11.19 miles away482 S Chambers Rd Aurora Colorado 80017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (303) 696-1137
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)11.97 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540