Avamere Transitional Care and Rehabilitation is located in Brighton, Colorado, a city with a total of 73,471 people. This turns out to be a grade A facility, which is a phenomenal rating. Based on all of the relevant data, you can't go wrong here. Scroll down to find this nursing home's category grades, which are equally impressive. You just can't do any better than a straight A report card.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Avamere Transitional Care and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Avamere Transitional Care and Rehabilitation has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Brighton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Brighton, Colorado Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Brighton, Colorado Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility received an excellent long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its fine profile, this nursing home also was awarded a dominant short-term care score, with a grade of A. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to judge a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must provide better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Avamere Transitional Care and Rehabilitation?
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Our inspection scores are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
In the last category, this nursing home also received an impressive nursing rating, with a grade of A-. This wrapped up a rare straight A report card. We analyzed the qualifications of nurses at the facility, as well as the number of hours the nurses worked with residents, in determining our score in this area. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avamere Transitional Care and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehabilitation, 5.48% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehabilitation, 2.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehabilitation, 2.75% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehabilitation, 12.17% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents that are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehabilitation, 20.25% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehabilitation, 5.2% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehabilitation, 100% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehabilitation, 15.19% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehabilitation, 28.26% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehabilitation, 28.26% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehabilitation, 15.97% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehabilitation, 79.33% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Platte Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.85 miles away1600 Prairie Center Pkwy Brighton Colorado 80601Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 498-1601
- St Anthony North Health CampusAcute Care Hospitals 10.61 miles away14300 Orchard Pkwy Broomfield Colorado 80023Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 627-0000
- North Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.92 miles away9191 Grant St Denver Colorado 80229Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 451-7800
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.2 miles away200 Exempla Circle Lafayette Colorado 80026Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 689-4000
- Uchealth Broomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.5 miles away11820 Destination Drive Broomfield Colorado 80021Proprietary(303) 460-6000
- Children's Hospital ColoradoChildrens 16.83 miles away13123 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 777-1234
- University of Colorado Hospital AuthorityAcute Care Hospitals 16.89 miles away12605 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Government - Hospital District or Authority(720) 848-0000
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 18.51 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Platte Valley Dialysis1.65 miles away1321 S 4th Ave Suite 100 Brighton Colorado 80601Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 654-8202
- Brighton Dialysis (Dva)2.18 miles away4700 E Bromley Ln Ste 103 Brighton Colorado 80601CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 659-2511
- North Metro Denver Dialysis (Dva)11.47 miles away12365 Huron St Ste 500 Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 451-9093
- Kidney Center of Northridge (Ara)12.14 miles away1865 W 121st Ave, Ste 300c Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 429-9550
- Thornton Kidney Center LLC (Ara)13.38 miles away8451 Pearl Street Denver Colorado 80229Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 227-9981
- Thornton Dialysis (Dva)13.6 miles away8800 Fox Dr Denver Colorado 80260CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-7020
- Commerce City Dialysis (Dva)13.61 miles away6320 Holly St Commerce City Colorado 80022CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 853-4300
- Montbello Dialysis13.75 miles away4834 Chambers Road Denver Colorado 80239Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 371-1502