Avamere Transitional Care and Rehab-Malley is located in Denver, Colorado, which is one of the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the country. We awarded it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack grade. Denver received a city grade of B, so there are some other options in the city worth looking at. The best part of this nursing home's report card was is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Avamere Transitional Care and Rehab-Malley
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
401 Malley Drive,
Denver CO 80233
75.92% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We wanted to point out that this facility's short-term care score outperformed its overall grade. In fact, we awarded it a B+ for short-term care. Short-term care scores are meaningful for prospective residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
We also awarded this facility a favorable grade in nursing. This facility earned a grade of B in this category, which is one of our better grades. Nursing scores are primarily based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Avamere Transitional Care and Rehab-Malley?
We also found that this nursing home has earned favorable government inspections in recent years. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B- in this category. This is better than many nursing homes in this category. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Based on this, we had positive view of this facility's inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
Our next category is long-term care, in which we awarded this facility a C in that category. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. One of the factors we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 92.27468 percent of its residents. On a more positive note, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avamere Transitional Care and Rehab-Malley Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehab-Malley, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehab-Malley, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term stay residents that suffered a fall which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehab-Malley, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehab-Malley, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehab-Malley, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehab-Malley, 3.81% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehab-Malley, 84.99% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehab-Malley, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehab-Malley, 19.26% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehab-Malley, 1.08 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehab-Malley, 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehab-Malley, 12.03 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avamere Transitional Care and Rehab-Malley, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 41 other nursing homes
- North Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.68 miles away9191 Grant St Denver Colorado 80229Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 451-7800
- St Anthony North Health CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.69 miles away14300 Orchard Pkwy Broomfield Colorado 80023Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 627-0000
- Uchealth Broomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away11820 Destination Drive Broomfield Colorado 80021Proprietary(303) 460-6000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.07 miles away200 Exempla Circle Lafayette Colorado 80026Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 689-4000
- Centura Health-Avista Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.46 miles away100 Health Park Dr Louisville Colorado 80027Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 673-1280
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.84 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.88 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.89 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- North Metro Denver Dialysis (Dva)1.51 miles away12365 Huron St Ste 500 Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 451-9093
- Kidney Center of Northridge (Ara)1.71 miles away1865 W 121st Ave, Ste 300c Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 429-9550
- Thornton Dialysis (Dva)3.24 miles away8800 Fox Dr Denver Colorado 80260CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-7020
- Thornton Kidney Center LLC (Ara)3.64 miles away8451 Pearl Street Denver Colorado 80229Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 227-9981
- Kidney Center of Westminster (Ara)4.28 miles away8410 Decatur St Ste 200 Westminster Colorado 80031CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-6518
- Commerce City Dialysis (Dva)7.09 miles away6320 Holly St Commerce City Colorado 80022CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 853-4300
- Arvada Dialysis Center (Dva)7.97 miles away9950 W 80th Ave Ste 25 Arvada Colorado 80005Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 456-9556
- Kidney Center of Lafayette (Ara)8.47 miles away2655 Crescent Dr Ste C Lafayette Colorado 80026CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (720) 890-4661