Avamere Rehabilitation of King City is a large nursing home located in Portland, Oregon. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of C. A grade of this caliber requires some solid scores. We wanted to point out that Portland received a city grade of B+, so you may wish to consider some other options in the city as well. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its strong short-term care score, which is addressed in the next section.
Avamere Rehabilitation of King City
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
16485 Sw Pacific Highway,
Portland OR 97224
36.95% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this facility a grade of A- for our short-term care score. This is much more impressive than the facility's overall grade. In computing our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This area is frequently a useful measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
This facility also excelled in the category of nursing, where it received an B+. Nursing ratings are primarily associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Avamere Rehabilitation of King City?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's second worse score is long-term care, where it received just a D in that category. This is a relatively poor grade. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is an above average total. Surprisingly, this nursing home also fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
The final category we looked at is inspections. Unfortunately, this facility didn't receive favorable inspections in recent years. As a result, we had to give it an F in this area. Since this data is collected by independent government inspectors, we tend to heavily weight negative feedback in this area. This really dragged down this facility's overall grade. For places that received this poor of an inspection grade, we would scrutinize the severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This particular facility was hit with a category G through L deficiency, which rank among the more serious categories of deficiencies. This generally indicates that the deficiencies found by CMS had potential to create actual harm to patients. Finally, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that this place was assessed significant government fines recently totaling more than $100,000. This usually indicates that a poor track record has been an issue for multiple years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avamere Rehabilitation of King City Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 8.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 2.43% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 2.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 15.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 12.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 5.65% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 92.57% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 13.82% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 22.07% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 22.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 13.94 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 75.47% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Portland, OR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Portland, Oregon has 32 other nursing homes
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.09 miles away19300 Sw 65th Avenue Tualatin Oregon 97062Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 692-2182
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.67 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Providence Newberg Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.11 miles away1001 Providence Drive Newberg Oregon 97132Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 537-1555
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.3 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - WestsideAcute Care Hospitals 10.41 miles away2875 Nw Stucki Ave Hillsboro Oregon 97124Voluntary non-profit - Private(971) 310-1000
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.57 miles away1500 Division Street Oregon City Oregon 97045Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 657-6915
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.75 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Pnrs Tualatin2.59 miles away7780 Sw Mohawk St Tualatin Oregon 97062CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (971) 224-4000
- Meridian Park Dialysis Center2.93 miles away19255 Sw 65th Ave Suite 100 Tualatin Oregon 97062Dialysis Stations: 14 (503) 692-8159
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC3.17 miles away10300 Sw Nimbus Ave Ste Pa Portland Oregon 97223Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 443-4909
- Sherwood Dialysis Center3.3 miles away21035 Sw Pacific Highway Sherwood Oregon 97140Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 925-0105
- Pnrs Beaverton7.18 miles away2715 Sw 153rd Dr Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 520-1363
- Pnrs Twin Oaks9.05 miles away15201 Nw Greenbrier Parkway #C-2 Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (503) 690-4883
- Cornell Road Dialysis9.49 miles away1700 Nw 167th Pl Ste 230 Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 439-8829
- Fresenius Medical Care Noble Woods, LLC9.55 miles away5333 W Baseline Rd Hillsboro Oregon 97123Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 615-2161