Avamere Rehabilitation of King City is a large nursing home located in Portland, Oregon. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of C. A grade of this caliber requires some solid scores. We wanted to point out that Portland received a city grade of B+, so you may wish to consider some other options in the city as well. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its strong short-term care score, which is addressed in the next section.
Avamere Rehabilitation of King City
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this facility a grade of A for our short-term care score. This is much more impressive than the facility's overall grade. In computing our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This area is frequently a useful measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Another strength of this nursing home is its favorable grade in nursing. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of A-. Nursing scores are mostly based on the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Avamere Rehabilitation of King City?
Unfortunately, this nursing home received a lowly F for its inspection grade. For places with poor inspection ratings, you should scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. This particular facility was assessed one category G through L deficiency, which rank among the more severe deficiencies. These categories indicate that the deficiencies uncovered by CMS had the potential to cause actual harm to patients. Finally, we need to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was assessed significant government fines recently totaling over $100,000. This often indicates that a bad performance spanned more than one year.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last category, this facility didn't fare very well. Due to a rock bottom grade of F in long-term care, this is its poorest category grade. For residents seeking a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is an above average figure. Surprisingly, this facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avamere Rehabilitation of King City Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 8.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 2.36% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 2.4% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric could be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 15.56% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 12.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 5.35% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing signs of depression. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 92.77% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 13.93% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 23.47% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels. Some argue that mobility is vital to residents' well-being.
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 1.11 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 23.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 14.47 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avamere Rehabilitation of King City, 75.28% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Portland, OR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Portland, Oregon has 32 other nursing homes
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.09 miles away19300 Sw 65th Avenue Tualatin Oregon 97062Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 692-2182
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.67 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Providence Newberg Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.11 miles away1001 Providence Drive Newberg Oregon 97132Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 537-1555
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.3 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - WestsideAcute Care Hospitals 10.41 miles away2875 Nw Stucki Ave Hillsboro Oregon 97124Voluntary non-profit - Private(971) 310-1000
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.57 miles away1500 Division Street Oregon City Oregon 97045Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 657-6915
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.75 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Pnrs Tualatin2.59 miles away7780 Sw Mohawk St Tualatin Oregon 97062CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (971) 224-4000
- Meridian Park Dialysis Center2.93 miles away19255 Sw 65th Ave Suite 100 Tualatin Oregon 97062Dialysis Stations: 14 (503) 692-8159
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC3.17 miles away10300 Sw Nimbus Ave Ste Pa Portland Oregon 97223Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 443-4909
- Sherwood Dialysis Center3.3 miles away21035 Sw Pacific Highway Sherwood Oregon 97140Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 925-0105
- Pnrs Beaverton7.18 miles away2715 Sw 153rd Dr Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 520-1363
- Pnrs Twin Oaks9.05 miles away15201 Nw Greenbrier Parkway #C-2 Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (503) 690-4883
- Cornell Road Dialysis9.49 miles away1700 Nw 167th Pl Ste 230 Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 439-8829
- Fresenius Medical Care Noble Woods, LLC9.55 miles away5333 W Baseline Rd Hillsboro Oregon 97123Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 615-2161