Avamere Rehabilitation of Hillsboro is a nursing home located in Hillsboro, Oregon. This city has 92,886 people. With an overall rating of A-, this facility is ranked among the higher-rated nursing homes we looked at. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top quarter of all facilities in the nation. This nursing home was also given phenomenal scores in all four of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Avamere Rehabilitation of Hillsboro
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received a very impressive short-term care grade. In fact, this proved to be its best category. In that category, we awarded this facility an A. Short-term care scores are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a broad spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Turning to inspections, this nursing home excelled in that area, which is based on the nursing home's recent government inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. Our inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area typically have few severe deficiencies. While this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Avamere Rehabilitation of Hillsboro?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. Our nursing grade is largely tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category, this nursing home also was given a first-rate long-term care score, with a grade of B+. This topped off a very favorable report card. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are well cared for. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia can be a life or death ailment for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't take any chances. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avamere Rehabilitation of Hillsboro Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Hillsboro, 8.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay patients who developed pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Hillsboro, 2.36% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Hillsboro, 2.4% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Hillsboro, 15.56% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Hillsboro, 12.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Hillsboro, 5.35% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. High levels of depression could be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Hillsboro, 92.77% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Hillsboro, 13.93% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Hillsboro, 23.47% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that maintained mobility. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is important for patients physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Hillsboro, 23.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Hillsboro, 14.47 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Hillsboro, 75.28% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Tuality Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.12 miles away335 Se 8th Avenue Hillsboro Oregon 97123Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 681-1111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - WestsideAcute Care Hospitals 5.18 miles away2875 Nw Stucki Ave Hillsboro Oregon 97124Voluntary non-profit - Private(971) 310-1000
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.59 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 14.06 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Providence Newberg Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.84 miles away1001 Providence Drive Newberg Oregon 97132Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 537-1555
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.96 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.04 miles away19300 Sw 65th Avenue Tualatin Oregon 97062Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 692-2182
- Fresenius Medical Care Noble Woods, LLC3.63 miles away5333 W Baseline Rd Hillsboro Oregon 97123Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 615-2161
- Hillsboro Dialysis Center3.87 miles away2500 Nw 229th Ave Suite 300 Bldg E Hillsboro Oregon 97124Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 681-9460
- Pnrs Raines Dialysis5.35 miles away3201 19th Avenue Forest Grove Oregon 97116CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 359-0593
- Cornell Road Dialysis6.36 miles away1700 Nw 167th Pl Ste 230 Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 439-8829
- Pnrs Twin Oaks6.99 miles away15201 Nw Greenbrier Parkway #C-2 Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (503) 690-4883
- Pnrs Beaverton7 miles away2715 Sw 153rd Dr Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 520-1363
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC10.63 miles away10300 Sw Nimbus Ave Ste Pa Portland Oregon 97223Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 443-4909
- Sherwood Dialysis Center12.32 miles away21035 Sw Pacific Highway Sherwood Oregon 97140Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 925-0105