Avamere Rehabilitation of Clackamas is a nursing home located in Gladstone, Oregon, which has a population of 12,131 people. We gave this facility an A overall grade, ranking it in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the United States. Based on the data we reviewed, you can't go wrong here. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's stellar report card is its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Avamere Rehabilitation of Clackamas
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Gladstone senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home has earned excellent inspections recently. We gave them an impressive grade of A in this category. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a strong long-term care score. Indeed, this turned out to be this nursing home's second most impressive category grade. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of A. When facilities receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 99.23664 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is much higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Avamere Rehabilitation of Clackamas?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was short-term care. Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in this category. In fact, we awarded it a of A- in that category. With our short-term care category, we strive to craft a valuable measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at a facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Moving on to our final category, this facility also performed admirably in our nursing category. We gave it a B+ for that category. This rounded out a very strong profile. When determining our nursing scores, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avamere Rehabilitation of Clackamas Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Clackamas, 8.99% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Clackamas, 5.34% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Clackamas, 7.03% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percent of long-term residents who have suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint may also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Clackamas, 14.66% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Clackamas, 5.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Clackamas, 2.54% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression may be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Clackamas, 96.99% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Clackamas, 15.87% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Clackamas, 17.33% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Clackamas, 17.33% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Clackamas, 21.35% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Clackamas, 82.3% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.9 miles away1500 Division Street Oregon City Oregon 97045Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 657-6915
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.87 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.21 miles away19300 Sw 65th Avenue Tualatin Oregon 97062Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 692-2182
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 9.07 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.02 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.39 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.78 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Willamette Valley Renal Center1.86 miles away1510 Division St Ste 90 Oregon City Oregon 97045Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 557-1373
- Lake Road Dialysis2.75 miles away6902 Se Lake Rd, Suite 100 Portland Oregon 97267CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 794-1288
- Fmc Clackamas Kidney Center3.15 miles away13560 Se 97th Ave Clackamas Oregon 97015CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (503) 659-8200
- Fmc Hilltop Dialysis3.28 miles away328 Warner Milne Rd Oregon City Oregon 97045Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 650-2357
- Meridian Park Dialysis Center7.23 miles away19255 Sw 65th Ave Suite 100 Tualatin Oregon 97062Dialysis Stations: 14 (503) 692-8159
- Foster Powell Dialysis7.28 miles away6828 Se Foster Rd Portland Oregon 97206Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 777-5780
- Pnrs Tualatin7.89 miles away7780 Sw Mohawk St Tualatin Oregon 97062CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (971) 224-4000
- Portland Dialysis Center9.65 miles away10595 Se Stark St Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 252-0019