Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park is located in Vancouver, Washington. This city is among the largest metropolitan areas in the nation with has a population of 299,480 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of C, which is a good grade. This nursing home seems to have a few things working in its favor. The best part of this place's report card is its exemplary short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility really excelled at short-term care, with an A+ in this category. In determining these short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Another strength of this nursing home is its favorable grade in nursing. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of A. Nursing ratings are primarily associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed is long-term care, where this facility received a grade of B- in this category. In determining our long-term care scores, we assess the assistance with daily living offered to a facility's patients. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. We were pleased to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 99.090904 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In our final category of inspections, this facility received a terrible grade. With an F in the inspection category, this facility's overall grade was adversely affected. For facilities that received this bad of an inspection rating, we recommend scrutinizing any severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This particular nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies by CMS. The only favorable thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they posed a threat to patient safety or health. Lastly, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received large government fines of more than $100,000. This typically suggests that a nursing home's bad track record spanned multiple years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 6.98% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 3.03% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 2.22% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who have sustained a UTI. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 13.94% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 12.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 13.68% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 93.98% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 13.82% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 23.27% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that remained mobile levels.
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 0.96 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 23.27 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 11.24 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 74.06% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Vancouver, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Vancouver, Washington has 5 other nursing homes
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.95 miles away400 Ne Mother Joseph Place Vancouver Washington 98668Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 256-2000
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.62 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Legacy Mount Hood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.6 miles away24800 Se Stark Street Gresham Oregon 97030Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 674-1122
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.71 miles away2211 Ne 139th Street Vancouver Washington 98686Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 487-1000
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.28 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 11.37 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Pnrs Ft Vancouver0.72 miles away312 Se Stonemill Dr Suite 150 Vancouver Washington 98684CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (360) 254-2323
- Fmc Maywood Park3.41 miles away11909 Ne Glenn Widing Dr Portland Oregon 97220Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 255-3464
- Vancouver Dialysis Center4.11 miles away9120 Ne Vancouver Mall Dr Suite 160 Vancouver Washington 98682CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (360) 891-5777
- Portland Gateway Dialysis5.76 miles away9932 Ne Halsey St Portland Oregon 97220CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 253-8170
- Portland Home Dialysis Clinic5.87 miles away10802 Se Washington Street Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 2 (503) 254-4426
- Portland Dialysis Center6.87 miles away10595 Se Stark St Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 252-0019
- Rose City Dialysis LLC7.23 miles away7474 Ne Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Portland Oregon 97211Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 737-1020
- Oregon Kidney Center7.67 miles away3524 Ne Sandy Blvd Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 236-7097