Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park is located in Vancouver, Washington. This city is among the largest metropolitan areas in the nation with has a population of 299,480 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of B-, which is a good grade. This nursing home seems to have a few things working in its favor. The best part of this place's report card is its exemplary short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility really excelled at short-term care, with an A+ in this category. In determining these short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Another strength of this nursing home is its favorable grade in nursing. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of A. Nursing ratings are primarily associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed is long-term care, where this facility received a grade of C in this category. In determining our long-term care scores, we assess the assistance with daily living offered to a facility's patients. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. We were pleased to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 98.305084 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In the final category of inspections, this ended up being this facility's worst grade. Inspection ratings are based on a facility's recent inspection reports. We gave this nursing home just a D in this category, which is not good. Since this data is collected by government inspectors, we typically take it pretty seriously. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. You should be especially cautious when considering a nursing home that has severe deficiencies on its inspection reports. This facility was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they caused a threat to patient health or safety. Lastly, we want to draw your attention to the fact that this place was assessed large government fines recently of more than $100,000. This usually suggests that a facility's bad performance spanned more than one year.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 13.74% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 93.71% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that retained mobility levels. Many argue that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical health.
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Vancouver, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Vancouver, Washington has 5 other nursing homes
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.95 miles away400 Ne Mother Joseph Place Vancouver Washington 98668Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 256-2000
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.62 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Legacy Mount Hood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.6 miles away24800 Se Stark Street Gresham Oregon 97030Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 674-1122
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.71 miles away2211 Ne 139th Street Vancouver Washington 98686Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 487-1000
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.28 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 11.37 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Pnrs Ft Vancouver0.72 miles away312 Se Stonemill Dr Suite 150 Vancouver Washington 98684CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (360) 254-2323
- Fmc Maywood Park3.41 miles away11909 Ne Glenn Widing Dr Portland Oregon 97220Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 255-3464
- Vancouver Dialysis Center4.11 miles away9120 Ne Vancouver Mall Dr Suite 160 Vancouver Washington 98682CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (360) 891-5777
- Portland Gateway Dialysis5.76 miles away9932 Ne Halsey St Portland Oregon 97220CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 253-8170
- Portland Home Dialysis Clinic5.87 miles away10802 Se Washington Street Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 2 (503) 254-4426
- Portland Dialysis Center6.87 miles away10595 Se Stark St Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 252-0019
- Rose City Dialysis LLC7.23 miles away7474 Ne Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Portland Oregon 97211Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 737-1020
- Oregon Kidney Center7.67 miles away3524 Ne Sandy Blvd Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 236-7097