Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park is located in Vancouver, Washington. This city is among the largest metropolitan areas in the nation with has a population of 299,480 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average grade. This nursing home definitely has plenty going for it. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its short-term care grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Vancouver senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first-rate facility overall, this facility also excelled in the area of short-term care, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Our short-term care ratings are likely more critical for people in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In that area, we awarded this facility an A. Our nursing grade weighs quite a few subcategories, many of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving a patient more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park?
Turning to our inspection category, it appears this nursing home has received respectable inspections in recent years as well. We gave it a B- in this category. Our inspection grades are based on datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to resident safety. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated was long-term care, which was this nursing home's least impressive area. We awarded this facility a grade of D in that category. Nevertheless, you shouldn't assess this nursing home solely on a single area, as it earned many very strong grades in other categories. For patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 96.694214 percent of its residents, which is an above average figure. Surprisingly, this facility also keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 18.68% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients which suffered from UTI's. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 18.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 16.07% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 8.04% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 92.91% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 11.32% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 20.44% of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 20.44% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 12.1% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avamere Rehabilitation of Cascade Park, 75.34% of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Vancouver, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Vancouver, Washington has 5 other nursing homes
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.95 miles away400 Ne Mother Joseph Place Vancouver Washington 98668Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 256-2000
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.62 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Legacy Mount Hood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.6 miles away24800 Se Stark Street Gresham Oregon 97030Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 674-1122
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.71 miles away2211 Ne 139th Street Vancouver Washington 98686Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 487-1000
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.28 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 11.37 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Pnrs Ft Vancouver0.72 miles away312 Se Stonemill Dr Suite 150 Vancouver Washington 98684CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (360) 254-2323
- Fmc Maywood Park3.41 miles away11909 Ne Glenn Widing Dr Portland Oregon 97220Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 255-3464
- Vancouver Dialysis Center4.11 miles away9120 Ne Vancouver Mall Dr Suite 160 Vancouver Washington 98682CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (360) 891-5777
- Portland Gateway Dialysis5.76 miles away9932 Ne Halsey St Portland Oregon 97220CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 253-8170
- Portland Home Dialysis Clinic5.87 miles away10802 Se Washington Street Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 2 (503) 254-4426
- Portland Dialysis Center6.87 miles away10595 Se Stark St Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 252-0019
- Rose City Dialysis LLC7.23 miles away7474 Ne Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Portland Oregon 97211Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 737-1020
- Oregon Kidney Center7.67 miles away3524 Ne Sandy Blvd Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 236-7097