Avamere Crestview of Portland is a nursing home in Portland, Oregon which has a population of 841,711 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of B, which is a good rating. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Portland. This facility is better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of our major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Avamere Crestview of Portland
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Portland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to a strong overall grade, this place also received favorable short-term care grades this year. We gave it one of our higher scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a broad range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. It doesn't appear that this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
This facility also performed well in our inspection category, which is based on the facility's inspections. In fact, we gave it a grade of B+ for that area, which is one of our top scores. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Avamere Crestview of Portland?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. We looked at the qualifications of nurses employed by the facility, in addition to the quantity of hours those nurses worked with residents, in computing our score in this category. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth category, this nursing home received a decent long-term care grade of C. For prospective patients looking for a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 92.92036 percent of its patients. Fortunately, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avamere Crestview of Portland Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avamere Crestview of Portland, 9.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avamere Crestview of Portland, 2.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avamere Crestview of Portland, 5.41% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who suffered from UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic may be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avamere Crestview of Portland, 14.21% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avamere Crestview of Portland, 14.02% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avamere Crestview of Portland, 5.13% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avamere Crestview of Portland, 83.18% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avamere Crestview of Portland, 10.9% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avamere Crestview of Portland, 21.81% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avamere Crestview of Portland, 21.81% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avamere Crestview of Portland, 17.1% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avamere Crestview of Portland, 88.27% of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many would argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Portland, OR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Portland, Oregon has 13 other nursing homes
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 1.84 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.77 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.04 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.67 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away19300 Sw 65th Avenue Tualatin Oregon 97062Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 692-2182
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 7.53 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Pnrs Home Dialysis4.27 miles away2701 Nw Vaughn St., Ste. 150 Portland Oregon 97201Dialysis Stations: 12 (503) 205-0320
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC4.35 miles away10300 Sw Nimbus Ave Ste Pa Portland Oregon 97223Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 443-4909
- Northeast Portland Renal Center4.82 miles away703 Ne Hancock St Portland Oregon 97212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 493-3322
- Portland Mlk Dialysis4.98 miles away2737 Ne Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Portland Oregon 97212Dialysis Stations: 20 (503) 282-1253
- Pnrs Hollywood Dialysis5.14 miles away2824 Ne Wasco St Suite #100 Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (503) 493-8227
- Oregon Kidney Center5.49 miles away3524 Ne Sandy Blvd Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 236-7097
- Foster Powell Dialysis5.56 miles away6828 Se Foster Rd Portland Oregon 97206Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 777-5780
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC6.11 miles away4905 Ne Martin Luther King Blvd Portland Oregon 97211CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (503) 288-7020