Avalon Care Center-Bountiful is a large hospital-based facility located in Bountiful, Utah. This nursing home is an A+ rated facility, which is the absolute highest score. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top five percentile of all facilities in the United States. If you look below, you can see this place's category scores, which look to be just as strong as its overall rating.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Avalon Care Center-Bountiful
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Bountiful senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this place turned out to be a great nursing home is it received an A+ in our inspections category. This is just about as good as it gets in this very important area. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area usually have few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This high end nursing home also excelled in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a score of A+. Very few nursing homes fared better in this area. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Avalon Care Center-Bountiful?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our nursing rating is mostly associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is short-term care, where this facility was given an A. This wrapped up an elite profile. Few nursing homes earned an A- or higher in all four categories. In our short-term care assessment, we try to craft a valuable barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze the nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the number of patients that returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Avalon Care Center-Bountiful Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Avalon Care Center-Bountiful, 6.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who developed pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Avalon Care Center-Bountiful, 3.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents who have suffered falls resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Avalon Care Center-Bountiful, 2.54% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term patients which had urinary tract infections. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Avalon Care Center-Bountiful, 15.2% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Avalon Care Center-Bountiful, 21.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Avalon Care Center-Bountiful, 11.45% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Avalon Care Center-Bountiful, 80.77% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Avalon Care Center-Bountiful, 13.95% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Avalon Care Center-Bountiful, 14.91% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Avalon Care Center-Bountiful, 14.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Avalon Care Center-Bountiful, 13.64 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Avalon Care Center-Bountiful, 71.49% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Lakeview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.77 miles away630 East Medical Drive Bountiful Utah 84010Voluntary non-profit - Other(801) 299-2200
- Lds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.05 miles away8th Avenue and C Street Salt Lake City Utah 84143Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 408-1100
- Salt Lake Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.74 miles away1050 East South Temple Salt Lake City Utah 84102Proprietary(801) 350-4111
- University of Utah Hospitals and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 8.79 miles away50 North Medical Drive Salt Lake City Utah 84132Government - State(801) 581-2121
- Primary Childrens HospitalChildrens 8.79 miles away100 North Mario Capecchi Drive Salt Lake City Utah 84113Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 662-6212
- Layton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12 miles away201 West Layton Parkway Layton Utah 84041Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 543-6703
- St Mark's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.43 miles away1200 East 3900 South Salt Lake City Utah 84124Proprietary(801) 268-7700
- Davis Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.8 miles away1600 West Antelope Drive Layton Utah 84041Proprietary(801) 807-7001
- Lakeside Dialysis Center0.94 miles away532 S 500 W Bountiful Utah 84010Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 299-3470
- Liberty Dialysis - Woodscross (Fmc)1.18 miles away572 W 750 S Bountiful Utah 84010Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 292-2658
- West Bountiful Dialysis (Dva)1.28 miles away724 W 500 S Ste 300 Woods Cross Utah 84087Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 296-9091
- Primary Children's Dialysis Center8.82 miles away81 North Mario Capecchi Dr Salt Lake City Utah 84113Dialysis Stations: 6 (801) 662-7600
- Kolff Dialysis Center/Univ. Of Utah9.81 miles away423 Wakara Way Suite 200 Salt Lake City Utah 84108Dialysis Stations: 17 (801) 581-3981
- Utah Dialysis Lab10.2 miles away1000 S Main St Ste 105 Salt Lake City Utah 84101Dialysis Stations: 19 (801) 408-1400
- Anthem Dialysis, LLC11.14 miles away520 North Kays Drive Suite 1 Kaysville Utah 84037Dialysis Stations: 1 (385) 420-7500
- Farmington Bay Dialysis Center13.51 miles away942 S Main St Layton Utah 84041Dialysis Stations: 16 (801) 593-9111