Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center is located in Rittman, Ohio. Our grading system was not very kind to this nursing home, as it received an overall score of F. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Rittman. The city has just one other nursing home. Surprisingly, we were able to give this facility some positive feedback for our inspections category, which you can read more about below.
Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this place incredibly poorly overall, it actually earned a relatively impressive government inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our more favorable scores in that area with a B+. Our inspection scores are tied to pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these reports. You should especially avoid nursing homes with severe deficiencies linked to endangerment of patients. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest score is short-term care, but it still received a grade of just D in that area. This turns out to be a well below average score. Our short-term care grade is often used to gauge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To offer highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to offer better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center?
This facility's next best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. Nursing scores are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This facility offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is well below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This place performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the fourth category, this nursing home didn't fare very well here either. Due to an abysmal grade of F in long-term care, this is about as bad as it gets. For prospective residents looking for a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who have sustained a fall which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 20% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents showing signs of depression. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 90.19% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who maintained mobility.
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Aultman Orrville HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 10.36 miles away832 South Main Street Orrville Ohio 44667Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 682-3010
- Medina HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.43 miles away1000 East Washington Street Medina Ohio 44256Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 725-1000
- Lodi Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 13.09 miles away225 Elyria Street Lodi Ohio 44254Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 948-1222
- Wooster Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.07 miles away1761 Beall Avenue Wooster Ohio 44691Government - Local(330) 263-8100
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.13 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 15.66 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.25 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Fmc - Wadsworth Dialysis5.95 miles away1160 Williams Reserve Blvd. Wadsworth Ohio 44281Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 336-8070
- Us Renal Care Norton Home Therapies7.28 miles away3300 Greenwich Road Suite 13 Barberton Ohio 44203Dialysis Stations: 5 (330) 825-2354
- Us Renal Care Barberton Dialysis9.42 miles away33 3rd Street Se Suite 100 Barberton Ohio 44203CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 753-7280
- Fmc - Akron West11.16 miles away3558 Ridgewood Rd Akron Ohio 44333Dialysis Stations: 6 (330) 668-6200
- Fmc - Medina County Kidney Center11.29 miles away3995 Medina Road #150 Medina Ohio 44256Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 764-1019
- Davita - Coventry Dialysis11.57 miles away3235 Manchester Road, Suite 9 Akron Ohio 44319Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 645-9453
- Dialysis Care Center Akron LLC12.06 miles away1505 South Hawkins Avenue Akron Ohio 44320Dialysis Stations: 11 (330) 612-0540
- Davita - White Ponds Dialysis12.34 miles away791 White Pond Drive Akron Ohio 44320CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 835-9083