Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center is located in Rittman, Ohio. Our grading system was not very kind to this nursing home, as it received an overall score of F. This nursing home is really as bad as it gets. Nevertheless, this facility surprisingly performed well in our inspections category, which you can read more about below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Rittman senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually really excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Inspection scores are based on several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. You should especially avoid nursing homes with severe deficiencies linked to endangerment of patients. This nursing home was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility ended up receiving a rock-bottom score in our long-term care area. It received a lowly F in this category. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Fortunately, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 97.95919 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center?
Short-term Care Quality
In our next category, we gave this nursing home an F in the area of short-term care. Our short-term care scores are crucial for individuals looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Based on its grade in this area, we weren't surprised to discover that this place was well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the data we assessed. The last metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was well below average.
The last category we rated was nursing. This facility received an abysmal grade of F in that area. The nursing rating is based on numerous data points. The most important variable is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This place averaged a meager 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This facility fared well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these metrics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay patients that are suffering from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients which experienced a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 21.39% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 88.91% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.43 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Autumnwood Nursing & Rehab Center, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Aultman Orrville HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 10.36 miles away832 South Main Street Orrville Ohio 44667Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 682-3010
- Medina HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.43 miles away1000 East Washington Street Medina Ohio 44256Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 725-1000
- Lodi Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 13.09 miles away225 Elyria Street Lodi Ohio 44254Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 948-1222
- Wooster Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.07 miles away1761 Beall Avenue Wooster Ohio 44691Government - Local(330) 263-8100
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.13 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 15.66 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.25 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Fmc - Wadsworth Dialysis5.95 miles away1160 Williams Reserve Blvd. Wadsworth Ohio 44281Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 336-8070
- Us Renal Care Norton Home Therapies7.28 miles away3300 Greenwich Road Suite 13 Barberton Ohio 44203Dialysis Stations: 5 (330) 825-2354
- Us Renal Care Barberton Dialysis9.42 miles away33 3rd Street Se Suite 100 Barberton Ohio 44203CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 753-7280
- Fmc - Akron West11.16 miles away3558 Ridgewood Rd Akron Ohio 44333Dialysis Stations: 6 (330) 668-6200
- Fmc - Medina County Kidney Center11.29 miles away3995 Medina Road #150 Medina Ohio 44256Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 764-1019
- Davita - Coventry Dialysis11.57 miles away3235 Manchester Road, Suite 9 Akron Ohio 44319Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 645-9453
- Dialysis Care Center Akron LLC12.06 miles away1505 South Hawkins Avenue Akron Ohio 44320Dialysis Stations: 11 (330) 612-0540
- Davita - White Ponds Dialysis12.34 miles away791 White Pond Drive Akron Ohio 44320CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 835-9083