Autumn Woods Health Care is in Warren, Michigan. This city has a population of 134,056 people. With a bottom of the barrel overall grade of F, this facility didn't fare well in our assessment. Based on our ratings, this nursing home likely isn't a good fit for any prospective resident. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Autumn Woods Health Care
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Note: Autumn Woods Health Care has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Warren senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Neither this nursing home's overall grade nor its category scores gave us anything to write home about. Its best category is nursing, but even there it received a D. This is still a weak score. Our nursing rating weighs a handful of factors, however, the main consideration is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily, which is not great. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This facility fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to draw your attention to this nursing home's unfortunate long-term care grade where it received an F. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. Once we concluded our assessment of the quantity of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to learn that this nursing home vaccinates 99.59405 percent of its patients against pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Autumn Woods Health Care?
Unfortunately, this facility received very weak government inspections in recent years, causing them to receive an F for inspections. An F in this area is typically a sign that we found some red flags on the facility's inspections. You should pay close attention to any deficiencies on a nursing home's inspection reports when it receives this poor of an inspection grade. We suggest you pay close attention to the severity of those deficiencies. This particular facility was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they caused a threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed was short-term care. We gave it an abysmal F for this area, which is an abysmal grade. Our short-term care scores are considered to be more critical for patients in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more highly-skilled nursing services. This means not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Autumn Woods Health Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Autumn Woods Health Care, 10.12% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Autumn Woods Health Care, 2.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care. More supervision reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Autumn Woods Health Care, 0.28% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Autumn Woods Health Care, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Autumn Woods Health Care, 13.69% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Autumn Woods Health Care, 1.4% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Autumn Woods Health Care, 98.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Autumn Woods Health Care, 19.6% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence. Many believe this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Autumn Woods Health Care, 20.39% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Autumn Woods Health Care, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Autumn Woods Health Care, 20.39% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Autumn Woods Health Care, 7.27% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Autumn Woods Health Care, 64.16% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Warren, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Warren, Michigan has 5 other nursing homes
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 0.41 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.32 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 7.63 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Ascension St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away22101 Moross Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48236Voluntary non-profit - Church(313) 343-4000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse PointeAcute Care Hospitals 10.02 miles away468 Cadieux Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48230Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 343-1000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.72 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Henry Ford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.92 miles away2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit Michigan 48202Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 916-2600
- Fmc Dialysis - Warren0.25 miles away30300 Hoover Rd Ste 100 Warren Michigan 48093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 558-8890
- Macomb Kidney Center of Davita1.21 miles away28295 Schoenherr Rd Suite A Warren Michigan 48088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 558-8160
- Davita Roseville Commons Dialysis4.17 miles away18001 E 10 Mile Rd Ste B Roseville Michigan 48066Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 771-2286
- Nephrology Center of Eastpointe LLC4.63 miles away24931 Kelly Rd Eastpointe Michigan 48021Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 771-0675
- Fmc Dialysis - Madison Heights4.65 miles away25780 Commerce Dr Madison Heights Michigan 48071Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 398-8090
- Davita Troy Dialysis4.66 miles away2391 15 Mile Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48310Dialysis Stations: 13 (586) 795-2920
- Fmc Dialysis - Clinton5.32 miles away35351a S Gratiot Ave Clinton Township Michigan 48035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (586) 791-6203
- Greenfield Hs - Eastpointe5.33 miles away21400 Kelly Rd Eastpointe Michigan 48021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 779-8779