Autumn Meadows of Cahokia is in East Saint Louis, Illinois. This city has a total of 58,304 people. This nursing home is a lower end facility. A grade in this range indicates we found a few red flags. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in East Saint Louis. The city has just one other nursing home. Surprisingly, we were able to give this facility some positive feedback for our inspections category, which you can find more information about below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Autumn Meadows of Cahokia
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on East Saint Louis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Radiation Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not complementary of this place's overall performance, it actually received an impressive inspection report this year with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that area with a B. Our inspection grades are tied to pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these inspections. Most importantly, you should avoid facilities with severe deficiencies linked to endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
This facility excelled in nursing, where it received an D. Nursing grades are largely associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This place averaged only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is not a very impressive figure. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these datapoints to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Autumn Meadows of Cahokia?
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home's next best category was long-term care. However, with a grade of D in this area, it still fared somewhat badly. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated 81.410255 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which happens to be quite a few points less than what we expected. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our final category, we gave this facility a grade of D in short-term care. This was the nursing home's worst category grade. With our short-term care rating, we attempt to create a fair measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Not surprisingly, we learned that this nursing home offers substantially less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than a typical facility. The last measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Autumn Meadows of Cahokia Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Autumn Meadows of Cahokia, 7.21% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Autumn Meadows of Cahokia, 0.32% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Autumn Meadows of Cahokia, 3.67% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Autumn Meadows of Cahokia, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Autumn Meadows of Cahokia, 21.69% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were given antianxiety medication. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Autumn Meadows of Cahokia, 5.69% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Autumn Meadows of Cahokia, 89.5% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Autumn Meadows of Cahokia, 7.38% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Autumn Meadows of Cahokia, 11.23% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that maintained mobility.
In Autumn Meadows of Cahokia, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Autumn Meadows of Cahokia, 11.23% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Autumn Meadows of Cahokia, 7.66% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.23 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 3.64 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.42 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.29 miles away4500 Memorial Drive Belleville Illinois 62226Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 233-7750
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 8.83 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.71 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 11.62 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Metro-East Services IncAcute Care Hospitals 14.45 miles away1404 Cross Street O Fallon Illinois 62269Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 607-1000
- Davita - Sauget Dialysis Center2.42 miles away2061 Goose Lake Road East Saint Louis Illinois 62206CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 332-7801
- South City Dialysis3.28 miles away3740 S Jefferson Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63118Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 664-6687
- St. Louis Dialysis Center5.15 miles away2610 Clark Ave. Saint Louis Missouri 63103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (314) 534-0909
- Cardinal Glennon Childrens Hospital Dialysis5.39 miles away1465 S Grand Blvd Renal Dialysis Unit 3rd Floor Saint Louis Missouri 63104Dialysis Stations: 4 (314) 268-6423
- Fmc - Saint Louis Grand5.58 miles away3691 Rutger St. #222 Drummond Hall Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (314) 762-0089
- Fmc - Chouteau6.05 miles away4030 Chouteau Ave, 1st Floor Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 535-2915
- Forest Park Kidney Center6.55 miles away4205 Forest Park Ave. Saint Louis Missouri 63108CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 286-0800
- Davita Edgemont Dialysis6.72 miles away8 Vieux Carre Drive East Saint Louis Illinois 62201Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 398-3809