Autumn Leaves is located in Dallas, Texas. This city is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the nation with has a population of 1,263,321 people. Sporting an overall rating of B+, this is a very good facility. Even in a city featuring 35 other nursing homes, this facility stands out. You should also take a look at this nursing home's category grades below. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a strong overall grade, this nursing home performed well in short-term care. In fact, we awarded it an impressive grade of A- for that category. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a broad spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received an impressive long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it an above average grade of B+ in this category. Facilities that do well in this category typically provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Autumn Leaves?
In addition, this nursing home also performed well in our inspection category, which is based on the facility's recent government inspection reports. In fact, we gave it an impressive grade of B+ for that category, which is among our best scores. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being quite insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
The last category we looked at is this nursing home's poorest category. Nevertheless, even in its worst category we still gave it a decent grade of B- in nursing. We looked at the levels of nurses working for the nursing home, in addition to the number of hours those nurses were with residents, in calculating our rating in this area. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Autumn Leaves Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Autumn Leaves, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Autumn Leaves, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients that have suffered a fall leading to major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Autumn Leaves, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care residents who have sustained a UTI. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Autumn Leaves, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Autumn Leaves, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Autumn Leaves, 4.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents showing symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Autumn Leaves, 94.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Autumn Leaves, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Some experts argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Autumn Leaves, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Autumn Leaves, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Autumn Leaves, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Dallas, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Dallas, Texas has 34 other nursing homes
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 0.61 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 4.47 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- North Central Surgical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 4.78 miles away9301 North Central Expressway Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 265-2810
- Baylor University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away3500 Gaston Ave Dallas Texas 75246Voluntary non-profit - Church(214) 820-0111
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DallasAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away8200 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 345-6789
- Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.94 miles away621 North Hall Street Dallas Texas 75226Proprietary(214) 820-0670
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center UptownAcute Care Hospitals 5.19 miles away2727 East Lemmon Avenue Building I Dallas Texas 75204Proprietary(214) 443-3000
- Medical City DallasAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away7777 Forest Lane Dallas Texas 75230Proprietary(972) 566-6222
- Usrc East Dallas, LLC2.13 miles away11255 Graland Rd. Suite 1160 Dallas Texas 75218Dialysis Stations: 5 (214) 273-2649
- Dallas East Dialysis2.27 miles away3402 North Buckner Blvd Suite 308 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (214) 660-9413
- Fmc North Buckner Dialysis Center2.52 miles away3650 N Buckner Blvd 108 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (214) 367-8880
- Village Ii Dialysis Center2.61 miles away6300 Samuel Blvd Suite 125 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (214) 388-8690
- Town Gate Dialysis Center4.03 miles away1901 Northwest Hwy Suite 210 Garland Texas 75041CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (972) 278-2014
- Bma Dallas Central4.12 miles away7610 Military Parkway Dallas Texas 75227CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (214) 381-9494
- Davita Lower Greenville Dialysis4.51 miles away4405 Ross Ave Dallas Texas 75204Dialysis Stations: 25 (214) 828-8017
- Davita Downtown Dallas Dialysis4.85 miles away3515 Swiss Ave, Suite A Dallas Texas 75204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 828-2280