Autumn Lake Healthcare at Pikesville is located in Pikesville, Maryland. The city has 33,917 people. Featuring an overall grade of C, this is likely a solid nursing home. As far as we can see, this nursing home should be a good fit for most people. The best part of this place's profile was is its nursing score. We discuss nursing in the next section.
Autumn Lake Healthcare at Pikesville
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home's best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B. It actually outpaced most facilities in this category. We analyzed the levels of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the number of hours the nurses spent with patients, in computing our score in this category. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving residents at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we awarded this facility a B in our short-term care category. This happens to be one of our higher grades. In determining these short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to create a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Autumn Lake Healthcare at Pikesville?
Looking to our inspection category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. Our inspection grades are based on the facility's health inspection reports. We would argue that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially look at the severity of the deficiencies. This facility was assessed 5 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This means that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to present an imminent danger to patient health or safety. We really did not consider anything on this place's inspection report to be overly concerning.
Long-term Care Quality
Our final category is long-term care, in which we gave this facility a grade of C in this area. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 93.00912 percent of its patients. This is slightly lower than we were hoping for but still a respectable percentage. Fortunately, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Autumn Lake Healthcare at Pikesville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Pikesville, 10.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Pikesville, 2.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are often associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Pikesville, 2.06% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents who had UTI's. UTI's may be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Pikesville, 13.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care patients that are given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Pikesville, 14.71% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Pikesville, 10.05% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Pikesville, 92.62% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Pikesville, 19.85% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Pikesville, 30.15% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Pikesville, 0.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Pikesville, 30.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Pikesville, 8.9 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Pikesville, 73.77% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Pikesville, MD
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Pikesville, Maryland has 3 other nursing homes
- Northwest Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.28 miles away5401 Old Court Road Randallstown Maryland 21133Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 521-2200
- Sinai Hospital of BaltimoreAcute Care Hospitals 3.51 miles away2401 West Belvedere Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21215Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 601-5131
- Greater Baltimore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.31 miles away6701 North Charles Street Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 849-2000
- University of Md St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.99 miles away7601 Osler Drive Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 337-1000
- Medstar Union Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.5 miles away201 East University Parkway Baltimore Maryland 21218Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 554-2227
- Bon Secours HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.11 miles away2000 W Baltimore Street Baltimore Maryland 21223Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 362-3000
- Medstar Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.23 miles away5601 Loch Raven Boulevard Baltimore Maryland 21239Voluntary non-profit - Other(443) 444-3902
- University of Md Medical Center Midtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.41 miles away827 Linden Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 225-8996
- Fmc of Porter Dialysis - Pikesville0.22 miles away115 Mchenry Ave Bedford Square 2 Suite D Pikesville Maryland 21208Dialysis Stations: 13 (410) 484-3127
- Courtland Dialysis, LLC1.51 miles away7920 Scotts Level Road Pikesville Maryland 21208Dialysis Stations: 9 (410) 922-5129
- Pikesville Dialysis1.53 miles away6609 Reisterstown Road Ste 100 Baltimore Maryland 21215CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 6 (410) 358-1745
- Greenspring Dialysis Center2.05 miles away4701 Mt Hope Dr Ste C Baltimore Maryland 21215CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (410) 585-0467
- Seton Drive Dialysis2.22 miles away4800 Seton Drive Baltimore Maryland 21215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (410) 585-0446
- Northwest Dialysis Center3.14 miles away2245 Rolling Run Dr Ste 1 Windsor Mill Maryland 21244CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 265-0158
- Davita - Windsor Dialysis3.51 miles away2707 Rolling Rd Stes 104-105 Windsor Mill Maryland 21244CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (410) 944-2649
- Davita - Falls Road3.59 miles away1423 Clarkview Road Ste 500 Baltimore Maryland 21209CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (410) 828-4643