Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bridgepark is a nursing home in Gwynn Oak, Maryland, which has a total of 48,133 people. This facility received a bottom of the barrel overall score based on the data we looked at. This facility is about as bad as it gets. Finally, inspections was the lone shining light in our review of this nursing home. You can find more information on this category below.
Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bridgepark
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
4017 Liberty Heights Ave.,
Gwynn Oak MD 21207
85.84% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Although this facility's overall score was terrible, it performed pretty well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B for that category, which is one of our better scores. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being quite insignificant. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
In addition, we gave this facility an F in the area of nursing care. Nursing ratings are primarily based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This place averaged a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This place performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bridgepark?
Long-term Care Quality
Our next area we looked at was long-term care, where this nursing home received an F. When facilities receive this type of grade in this category it is often a bad sign for resident care and it may indicate that the place is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. We were concerned by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated only 81.46965 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the last category, this facility didn't perform very well in this area either. Due to a rock bottom grade of F in short-term care, this is really as bad as it gets. In calculating these short-term care grades, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to create a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. With a grade this poor for this category, we were not shocked to discover that this place was below average in multiple staffing areas we focus on. In fact, it offered substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other facilities. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 4.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bridgepark Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bridgepark, 10.24% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bridgepark, 2.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bridgepark, 2.07% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bridgepark, 13.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bridgepark, 14.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bridgepark, 10.18% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some experts argue this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bridgepark, 92.14% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bridgepark, 19.83% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bridgepark, 28.37% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bridgepark, 1.1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bridgepark, 28.37 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bridgepark, 8.93 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Bridgepark, 74.3% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Sinai Hospital of BaltimoreAcute Care Hospitals 2.26 miles away2401 West Belvedere Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21215Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 601-5131
- Bon Secours HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.46 miles away2000 W Baltimore Street Baltimore Maryland 21223Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 362-3000
- Medstar Union Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.87 miles away201 East University Parkway Baltimore Maryland 21218Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 554-2227
- Saint Agnes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.99 miles away900 Caton Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21229Voluntary non-profit - Church(410) 368-2101
- University of Md Medical Center Midtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away827 Linden Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 225-8996
- University of Maryland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.39 miles away22 South Greene Street Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 328-8667
- Mercy Medical Center IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.61 miles away301 Saint Paul Place Baltimore Maryland 21202Voluntary non-profit - Church(410) 332-9237
- Kennedy Krieger InstituteChildrens 5.32 miles away707 North Broadway Baltimore Maryland 21205Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 923-9301
- Seton Drive Dialysis1.52 miles away4800 Seton Drive Baltimore Maryland 21215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (410) 585-0446
- Greenspring Dialysis Center1.62 miles away4701 Mt Hope Dr Ste C Baltimore Maryland 21215CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (410) 585-0467
- Pikesville Dialysis2.18 miles away6609 Reisterstown Road Ste 100 Baltimore Maryland 21215CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 6 (410) 358-1745
- Fmc - Cross Keys2.75 miles away2 Hamill Rd Suite 200 Quadrangle Building East Baltimore Maryland 21210Dialysis Stations: 17 (410) 323-4568
- Northwest Dialysis Center2.98 miles away2245 Rolling Run Dr Ste 1 Windsor Mill Maryland 21244CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 265-0158
- Us Renal Care - West Baltimore3.08 miles away22 S Athol Ave Baltimore Maryland 21229Dialysis Stations: 15 (410) 947-3227
- Idf - Chestnut Square Dialysis Ctr3.09 miles away3303 Chestnut Ave Baltimore Maryland 21211Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 366-5400
- Davita - Catonsville North Dialysis3.16 miles away5401 Baltimore National Pike Baltimore Maryland 21229Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 869-4618