Autumn Lake Healthcare at Alice Manor is an average-sized nursing home in Baltimore, Maryland. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of C. A score in this range requires some solid scores. This grade isn't too far off the city grade for Baltimore, which is a B-. This place did not excel in every category we looked at, but it did not receive any terrible grades either. More information about these categories is available below.
Autumn Lake Healthcare at Alice Manor
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2095 Rockrose Avenue,
Baltimore MD 21211
88.28% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of having a decent overall rating, we also wanted to point out that this place received favorable health inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better scores in this area, with a grade of B+. This is a much better score than the facility's overall score. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively insignificant. This place was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
One of this facility's more favorable category grades was in the category of long-term care. This wound up being its second most favorable category. In that category, we gave this nursing home a B-. In calculating our long-term care ratings, we assess the personal care offered to a nursing home's residents. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours is vaccines. Fortunately, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 96.12676 percent of its residents. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Autumn Lake Healthcare at Alice Manor?
One of this facility's better category grades was in the area of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of C. When computing our nursing grades, we analyze both staffing levels and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. It scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we graded is short-term care, which turned out to be this facility's worst area. We gave this facility a grade of D in this area. Short-term care ratings are based on a facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Not surprisingly, we discovered that this nursing home provides substantially less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the average facility. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This definitely wasn't a strength for this facility. We found that just 4.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, around half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Autumn Lake Healthcare at Alice Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Alice Manor, 10.24% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients which have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Alice Manor, 2.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Alice Manor, 2.07% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Alice Manor, 13.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Alice Manor, 14.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Alice Manor, 10.18% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression. Many in the industry would argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Alice Manor, 92.14% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Alice Manor, 19.83% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Alice Manor, 28.37% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Alice Manor, 1.1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Alice Manor, 28.37 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Alice Manor, 8.93 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Autumn Lake Healthcare at Alice Manor, 74.3% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Baltimore, MD
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Baltimore, Maryland has 26 other nursing homes
- Sinai Hospital of BaltimoreAcute Care Hospitals 1.61 miles away2401 West Belvedere Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21215Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 601-5131
- Medstar Union Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.86 miles away201 East University Parkway Baltimore Maryland 21218Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 554-2227
- University of Md Medical Center Midtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.74 miles away827 Linden Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 225-8996
- Bon Secours HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.17 miles away2000 W Baltimore Street Baltimore Maryland 21223Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 362-3000
- Mercy Medical Center IncAcute Care Hospitals 3.4 miles away301 Saint Paul Place Baltimore Maryland 21202Voluntary non-profit - Church(410) 332-9237
- University of Maryland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.47 miles away22 South Greene Street Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 328-8667
- Medstar Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.71 miles away5601 Loch Raven Boulevard Baltimore Maryland 21239Voluntary non-profit - Other(443) 444-3902
- Kennedy Krieger InstituteChildrens 3.76 miles away707 North Broadway Baltimore Maryland 21205Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 923-9301
- Idf - Chestnut Square Dialysis Ctr1.15 miles away3303 Chestnut Ave Baltimore Maryland 21211Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 366-5400
- Fmc - Cross Keys1.27 miles away2 Hamill Rd Suite 200 Quadrangle Building East Baltimore Maryland 21210Dialysis Stations: 17 (410) 323-4568
- Us Renal Care - North Baltimore1.87 miles away2700 North Charles St Baltimore Maryland 21218Dialysis Stations: 11 (410) 243-4193
- Davita Union Memorial Dialysis1.87 miles away201 East University Parkway Baltimore Maryland 21218Dialysis Stations: 27 (410) 554-4535
- Bma - Baltimore2.25 miles away2801 Greenmount Avenue Suite 2833 Baltimore Maryland 21218CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (410) 235-5659
- Northwest Dialysis Center2.52 miles away2245 Rolling Run Dr Ste 1 Windsor Mill Maryland 21244CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 265-0158
- Davita Loch Raven Dialysis2.64 miles away5315 York Rd Baltimore Maryland 21212Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 323-8790
- Downtown Dialysis Center2.76 miles away821 N Eutaw St Ste 401 Baltimore Maryland 21201CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (410) 383-3450