With an address in Glendale, California, Autumn Hills Health Care Center is one of seven facilities in the city. We gave this facility a B- overall, which is a solid grade. This is comparable with the city grade in Glendale, which is a B. Based on our assessment, this nursing home likely wouldn't be a bad choice. One of the highlights of this facility's report card is its strong inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Autumn Hills Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Glendale senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home received a decent overall rating, its inspections score is notably more impressive than its overall grade. Due to a strong inspection report this year, it earned a strong score in that category with a B+. Our inspection ratings are based on several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This facility received 8 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies an immediate threat to resident health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B. Our nursing grade analyzes the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of skill of the nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with residents. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Autumn Hills Health Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a B. It actually performed better than most facilities in this area. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our final category, this nursing home received a decent short-term care grade of C. Our short-term care ratings are considered to be most meaningful for people needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more skilled nursing services. This means not just nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this nursing home. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 4.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Autumn Hills Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Autumn Hills Health Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Autumn Hills Health Care Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Autumn Hills Health Care Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with poor nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Autumn Hills Health Care Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Autumn Hills Health Care Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Autumn Hills Health Care Center, 5.83% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Autumn Hills Health Care Center, 95.65% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Autumn Hills Health Care Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Autumn Hills Health Care Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Autumn Hills Health Care Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Autumn Hills Health Care Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Autumn Hills Health Care Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Autumn Hills Health Care Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Glendale, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Glendale, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.83 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.9 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Usc Verdugo Hills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.93 miles away1812 Verdugo Blvd Glendale California 91209Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 790-7100
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 4.6 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.74 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 4.81 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.43 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Davita-North Glendale0.77 miles away1505 Wilson Terrace, Suite 190 Glendale California 91206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 637-8348
- Fmc-West Glendale1.32 miles away623 South Central Avenue Glendale California 91204Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 240-1065
- Davita-Glendale Dialysis1.43 miles away1000 E. Palmer Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (818) 241-6382
- u.s. Renal Care Verdugo Hills Dialysis1.77 miles away1808 Verdugo Blvd., Suite 200 Glendale California 91208Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 790-0712
- Davita-West Glendale Dialysis1.81 miles away1427 S. Glendale Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (818) 241-0016
- Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles3.51 miles awayDivision of Nephrology (Dialysis) 4650 Sunset Blvd., Box 40 Los Angeles California 90027Dialysis Stations: 10 (323) 361-4788
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Sunset3.51 miles awayDialysis Unit 4700 Sunset Blvd., 2nd Floor Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 783-5580
- Fmc-Burbank4.6 miles away2031 Alameda Avenue, Suite 202 Burbank California 91506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (818) 845-3830