Autumn Breeze Health and Rehab is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Marietta, Georgia. Featuring an overall grade of F, we consider this to be a bottom of the barrel facility. In our view, you would be better off to steer clear of this nursing home. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss long-term care in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Autumn Breeze Health and Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Note: Autumn Breeze Health and Rehab has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Marietta senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We could not find anything good to say about this facility. It received just a D in the area of long-term care. Sadly, this ended up being its best category. For patients looking for a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Among this facility's alarming category grades was an F for its inspection grade. More often than not, this means we found some red flags on the facility's inspection reports. You should pay special attention to any deficiencies on a nursing home's inspection reports when it receives this bad of an inspection rating. We would pay close attention to the level of severity of those deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they posed a risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
Does this page answer your questions about Autumn Breeze Health and Rehab?
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home received an F for its nursing grade. Nursing grades are primarily tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these metrics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we rated was short-term care. We gave it a lowly F in this area, which is a bottom of the barrel score. With our short-term care assessment, we attempt to forge a sound barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess a nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Considering its poor rating in this area, we were not shocked to find this nursing home provided substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most nursing homes. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.7 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Autumn Breeze Health and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Autumn Breeze Health and Rehab, 10.15% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Autumn Breeze Health and Rehab, 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients who had falls resulting in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Autumn Breeze Health and Rehab, 3.2% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care residents who sustained urinary tract infections. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Autumn Breeze Health and Rehab, 18.35% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Autumn Breeze Health and Rehab, 20.07% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Autumn Breeze Health and Rehab, 4.8% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Autumn Breeze Health and Rehab, 94.56% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Autumn Breeze Health and Rehab, 16.73% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Autumn Breeze Health and Rehab, 17.19% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Autumn Breeze Health and Rehab, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Autumn Breeze Health and Rehab, 17.19 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Autumn Breeze Health and Rehab, 11.58 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Autumn Breeze Health and Rehab, 68.99% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
- Wellstar Kennestone HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.54 miles away677 Church Street Marietta Georgia 30060Government - Hospital District or Authority(770) 793-5000
- Wellstar Cobb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.01 miles away3950 Austell Rd Austell Georgia 30106Voluntary non-profit - Other(770) 732-4000
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.47 miles away1000 Johnson Ferry Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 851-8000
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish RiteChildrens 11.49 miles away1001 Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Other(404) 785-5252
- Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta, IncAcute Care Hospitals 11.64 miles away5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(678) 843-5720
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.77 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Wellstar Paulding HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.16 miles away2518 Jimmy Lee Smith Parkway Hiram Georgia 30141Voluntary non-profit - Other(470) 644-7000
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 13.93 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Reliant Renal Care Georgia, LLC1.28 miles away1720 Powder Springs Rd Marietta Georgia 30064Dialysis Stations: 17 (678) 402-6048
- Us Renal Care Cobb Renal Center2.51 miles away506 Roswell Street Suite 100 Marietta Georgia 30060Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 426-5110
- Davita Kennestone Dialysis3.26 miles away200 Cobb Pkwy N Building 300 Ste 318 Marietta Georgia 30062CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (678) 797-1110
- Isd Renal, Inc.4.24 miles away4880 Lower Roswell Rd Suite 770 Marietta Georgia 30068Dialysis Stations: 13 (770) 321-0675
- Fresenius Kidney Care East Marietta4.25 miles away2060 Lower Roswell Rd Ste. 250 Marietta Georgia 30068Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 509-8530
- Bma of Marietta Inc4.53 miles away1277 Kennestone Circle Suite 600 Marietta Georgia 30066CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (770) 424-8391
- Fmcna of North Cobb4.78 miles away1392 Bells Ferry Road Marietta Georgia 30066Dialysis Stations: 24 (770) 528-3898
- Cobb Dialysis4.88 miles away3865 Medical Park Drive Austell Georgia 30106CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (770) 941-3898