Autumn Aegis Nursing Home is an average-sized facility located in Lorain, Ohio. This is a well above average facility, with an overall grade of B+. This nursing home truly has plenty working in its favor. The best aspect of this facility's impressive report card is its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Autumn Aegis Nursing Home
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1130 Tower Blvd,
Lorain OH 44052
72.72% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this nursing home also received a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in that area with an A+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite insignificant. While this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a grade of A for our long-term care score. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Autumn Aegis Nursing Home?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next most favorable area ended up being its short-term care score, where it received a grade of B-. Short-term care scores are important for individuals in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents that returned home from this nursing home and found that this facility performed better here. In fact, this nursing home fared better than most facilities in the nation with 54.5 percent of its patients returning home.
The last area we scored is nursing. In this area, we awarded this nursing home a solid grade of C. This turned out to be this nursing home's weakest area. Nursing scores are tied to nurse staffing levels. This nursing home averages 3.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also weigh quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed better than average in this area.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Autumn Aegis Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Autumn Aegis Nursing Home, 7.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Autumn Aegis Nursing Home, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Autumn Aegis Nursing Home, 1.75% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Autumn Aegis Nursing Home, 12.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Autumn Aegis Nursing Home, 22.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Autumn Aegis Nursing Home, 19.84% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Autumn Aegis Nursing Home, 90.11% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Autumn Aegis Nursing Home, 15.05% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Autumn Aegis Nursing Home, 18.59% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who maintained mobility. Many would argue that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Autumn Aegis Nursing Home, 18.59 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Autumn Aegis Nursing Home, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Mercy Health-Lorain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.72 miles away3700 Kolbe Road Lorain Ohio 44053Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 960-4000
- Mercy Health-Allen HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 10.01 miles away200 West Lorain Street Oberlin Ohio 44074Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 775-1211
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.46 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.49 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.66 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Davita - Amherst Dialysis1.44 miles away3200 Cooper Foster Park Rd. W. Lorain Ohio 44053Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 989-1410
- Fmc - Amherst Dialysis2.5 miles away1168 Cleveland Avenue Amherst Ohio 44001CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 985-2280
- Fmc - Dialysis Specialists of Northeast Ohio5.69 miles away1070 Abbe Road North Elyria Ohio 44035Dialysis Stations: 21 (440) 365-8165
- Fmc - Elyria Renal Care Group5.97 miles away5316 Hoag Drive H Mcdonald Dialysis Ctr Elyria Ohio 44035Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 934-5700
- Davita - Center Ridge Dialysis7.48 miles away38630 Center Ridge Road North Ridgeville Ohio 44039Dialysis Stations: 14 (440) 327-2070
- Fmc - Heritage Dialysis7.49 miles away1160 East Broad St. Elyria Ohio 44035CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 365-1811
- Fmc - Westlake Dialysis Center14.35 miles away26024 Detroit Road Westlake Ohio 44145Dialysis Stations: 23 (440) 835-1139
- Center for Dialysis Care Westside Home Care LLC14.92 miles away24651 Center Ridge Rd Suite 450 Westlake Ohio 44145Dialysis Stations: 10 (440) 899-2808